The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 07:33 PM

POST ID # = 988303
Levicski Reputation: 10
Exclamation Invalid drive when installing iCUE

So I got my Corsair Harpoon RGB mouse a while back and i wanted to install iCUE to customize everything. No problems installing whatsoever, but soon enough I found out my HDD that I installed it to was broken. I didn't bother installing the software again onto my SSD because I already had gotten used to the feeling of the mouse, and had completely forgotten about it by the time I got myself another HDD.

Now having gotten a Corsair keyboard I wanted to install iCUE again, and here's where the problem lies. For some reason when I try to install the software, an error message pops up saying: "Invalid Drive: E:\". The same message pops up if I try to delete the program (Yeah don't know how that still exists somehow since I took out the whole drive it was installed on). Also I seem to have two different installers as well, one for 2.24.50 (which I assume is the one I have/had installed, also gives me the option to uninstall/repair) and the other one is the one I just downloaded for version 3.10.125. I have tried to uninstall, repair and install both onto my SSD and HDD but neither work. My SSD is C:\ and my HDD is D:\ so I don't have an E:\ in place anymore.

Anyway I thought I'd post this here, maybe you could help me fix this, it is getting a little frustrating.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988305
DevBiker Reputation: 88

It's still listed as installed in the Windows Installer database. So that's what you need to get rid of. There are several tools that will clean this up.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-05-2019, 06:23 AM

POST ID # = 988354
Levicski Reputation: 10
Default Update

Yeah thanks I got it working! What I did was I installed IObit uninstaller and that managed to uninstall the previous mess. After that the installation worked as normal.

Thanks for the help!

Tags
error, icue issues, install error, invalid drive