Corsair Community

BIOS no longer sees X256 SSD

Woodsman

Yesterday I installed Win7 64-bit on a new Extreme 256GB SSD, using it as a program drive for my new desktop - everything went OK. In the BIOS, I enabled AHCI & put the DVD as first in the boot order, hard drive second. Loaded chipset & audio drivers from the mobo drivers CD then went online and updated monitor & video card drivers. Rebooted and everything was fine so I installed anti-virus. Rebooted again & everything is still OK so I shut everything down.

This morning on boot up, BIOS no longer sees the SSD - only the optical drive (which is the only other drive currently installed). I've updated the BIOS, swapped out SATA cables, changed SATA ports, checked the SSD using a USB portable drive hooked to my laptop - which saw the drive right away. Not sure what else I can do other than RMA. I had no problems installing a Performance series 256GB SSD on my laptop - that has worked flawlessly - so far. Are there any issues with the X series ?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm back again Ram Guy. I RMA'd the drive last week and RMA Service replied today saying a new drive (Extreme 256GB) is currently unavailable - no ETA. A refurbished model was available, but what exactly is a refurbished SSD? Can one expect the same functionality and lifetime for a refurbished model? Am I better off waiting for a new replacement? After all, it's not what I bought originally.

Archived