Corsair Community

K95P can't show different static lighting for each key without CUE?

steadi

CUE can't set multiple lighting layer for K95P HW profiles.

So, K95P can't show different static lighting for each key without CUE.

I also have a K70RGB which could save static lightings by CUE, every key can show its own static lighting when it runs without CUE.

So, could you dev guys make it possible later?

Even, I would like to see K95P could show multiple lighting by HW profiles if it's possible.:biggrin:

The K95P supports multiple hardware lighting layers, including animation layers. I have three different animation profiles with multiple layers saved to my K95P right now.

In CUE 2, make sure you are creating a hardware profile if you intend on saving it to your devices.

• Corsair Employee

K95P saves layers different. In standard lighting, you can only save 1 static but in advanced you can do 5 layers. This means you won't be able to save 110 (105 + 6 G keys) colors sadly but I think the ability to save complex lighting effects is a better tradeoff.

The main reason why we couldn't do is hardware limitations. I wanted to do as many static as possible but the way the LED controller works when we implement HW profiles made it impossible.

K95P saves layers different. In standard lighting, you can only save 1 static but in advanced you can do 5 layers. This means you won't be able to save 110 (105 + 6 G keys) colors sadly but I think the ability to save complex lighting effects is a better tradeoff.

The main reason why we couldn't do is hardware limitations. I wanted to do as many static as possible but the way the LED controller works when we implement HW profiles made it impossible.

Another question, is it possible to apply random color in advanced mode?

No random color generation. You will have to program it with a specific sequence. You can almost create the effect by overlapping many different gradient, waves, ripples, etc., but technically it still has an order and requires a lot of work. If you download some of the more complex profiles made available for download, you can see the underpinnings and potentially use that as a base.

Archived