Corsair Community

Activate Profile when running Windows store games

mog0

Hi

Can can you get a profile to activate automatically when you run a Windows store game?

When setting up to auto launch it asks for an exe but my understanding is that the Windows store apps don't have an exe (at least that you can see through the Explorer / file dialog)

This seems quite basic so I'm surprised I can't find anything about this on the Web or this forum so I don't know if I'm being an idiot and missing something really obvious. I apologise in advance, if I am.

Thanks

You can access the folder which is hidden in the Program Files and you will have to take control of the permissions in order to read/write access said folder and folder name is WindowsApps

For example I want to set a up a profile for game in my case the file structure will be for Halo Wars 2 C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HoganThreshold_1.11.2929.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HaloWars2_WinAppDX12Final.exe

and Sea of Thieves C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.80.1038.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe

Does this example help you in any way, as you can see any app you download with the ms store have an exe to function properly as I have yet to see an app with out an exe from the store.

Edited by Metal_Masher