Corsair Community

What Quad Channel DDR4 memory to use for AMD ThreadRipper?

chuck4

I am creating a new build and I am trying to figure out what I will need for the soon to be released AMD ThreadRipper. Everything that I have read indicates that it uses Quad Channel DDR4 memory. I am looking at installing 3200Mhz or higher and at least 32GB if not 64GB (4 x 8 for 32GB or 4 x 16 for 64GB). So far, I do not see any manufacturer advertising any memory to specifically use with these chips. Many are specifying memory to be used for INTEL chips only. Some are being advertised as dual channel for Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 chips but so far, as indicated, I don't see any quad channel ddr4 memory specifically to be used for ThreadRipper.

Which memory sticks do you recommend to use for ThreadRipper?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employee

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-64gb-4-x-16gb-ddr4-dram-2666mhz-c15-memory-kit-cmd64gx4m4a2666c15

This is a quad channel kit that SHOULD be safe to use with XMP.

Given prior experience with Ryzen, running in a four up configuration greatly reduced the speed you could run all 4 DIMMS at to around 2666MHz when the platform launched (with some being able to manually dial in higher speeds after later BIOS updates). I imagine it may be a similar situation with Threadripper, though this is not confirmed yet.

Once we have more information, we'll likely have a landing page and other resources to help users identify compatible memory kits once Threadripper launches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am also looking to build my new rig and looking for specifics on memory for Threadripper. However, I think it is best to wait until you get some official statements and review (unless you are a you-tube guy) or in a hurry.

That being said, I hear that Threadripper will support up to 3,200MHz out of the box (without any bios updates). :-)

Personally, I do not want to make any mistakes on rumors and will wait until the memory, coolers, etc. have Threadripper support written on the box!

• 3 weeks later...
I am creating a new build and I am trying to figure out what I will need for the soon to be released AMD ThreadRipper. Everything that I have read indicates that it uses Quad Channel DDR4 memory. I am looking at installing 3200Mhz or higher and at least 32GB if not 64GB (4 x 8 for 32GB or 4 x 16 for 64GB). So far, I do not see any manufacturer advertising any memory to specifically use with these chips. Many are specifying memory to be used for INTEL chips only. Some are being advertised as dual channel for Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 chips but so far, as indicated, I don't see any quad channel ddr4 memory specifically to be used for ThreadRipper.

Which memory sticks do you recommend to use for ThreadRipper?

Thank you.

I can report a working combination:

Threadripper 1950X + Asrock X399 Taichi

G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 C14 16GB*4 works with XMP profile:

z_GjGCn7V6AerSgevZcjELF3AHzWHUOaa4sOKz-0t5ZQWmyLSy7MMJRMhnzP8i4PmgLas025GGSNwQuss5rPlxtbofrJn2AMIFhdmoHaFhb3CFQP9hBapBaQuyN6LOEIjlLOYOwnPR05iBDIE3nSLBNgQ9Z1LpxSQ6X203yJEXmwWjJlkAaXNIo8rno7Fjo2416kigw4BRVcY_W-ut8939k4R3V15_BVKTV23OKrls6L9IJk3h6vK9QX6d8ayJ2558qFYdgxhDNmuQZ93_LmyeM39JXfm-rDV7MwvlHVi8MCueWtdifNcLQKUxcjI_QXius6F356NNJwuP7m4Jc_VE_UZegGQ-TQnn7NMSsrWFoTqUXIkjPYoghXT2D3oYLLVfz_frI_x-baHVSmytcpbSo3-iXTVWAFkBgEQA8W7ZvbjjpHgX2K76Ip-jyYjMkc0ANNSYEqbHM8iha9Qm2pK7uKtUCl_zusAzY7ANoUb_Sumn6_Q76WkTCP3bVfJudZH3y3DX6z1ImWVKbomYM4VtzwzzNUWD9NhfXxtQkt5FVlw2OIB-uwV14u8we2mIE_i9kz6AHLKvLQOquKw6ckEu1_hWHdKwyW7oZffwjakKBelIdnUGWeOHUKo2-HA9E7nlTzUCxDBuVt_NPO82Al3NMZWTjjLOThaNnbsZvDFihx0lk=w1025-h769-no

• Corsair Employee
I can report a working combination:

Threadripper 1950X + Asrock X399 Taichi

G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 C14 16GB*4 works with XMP profile...

Good to know.

I've posted a compatibility thread with Corsair DRAM kits that have been validated to work with Threadripper in quad-channel. We'll try to keep this list up to date as more information becomes available.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170272

Please refer to that compatibility list and if you run into trouble, reach out to our customer support team and/or post a new thread in the forum. :)

Archived