Corsair Community

* I apologize for the misinforming title, it installs but fails to work after installation. i can see something CUE related in task manager, but I'm relatively inexperienced, so please help :C

first question: does windows 10 cause issues with CUE?

i never had any problems before 10, and shortly after i updated it(operating system), it stopped working. i absolutely loved creating custom color profiles, and i really liked the rainbow effect... I have tried to reinstall it multiple times but every time it has finished the install and failed to open. i cannot find any shortcuts to open it with... :c i really like the red color profiles that come default but i feel that i could improve my... immersion with a few of the 16.8 million colors. thanks for reading! Also it may help to know that this is a K95 RGB, the big one with 18 g-keys.

Yes, when Win10 installs updates it automatically removes some files/drivers it "thinks" are not safe or bad. For some reason it removes also some CUE files/drivers, when this happens you need to run again the CUE installer and choose the REPAIR option in it. Repair, restart and that should fix your issue.

Corsair is already looking into this, but I put the blame on Win10 anyway. I don't get why they need to delete files/drivers without the user permission.

Yes, when Win10 installs updates it automatically removes some files/drivers it "thinks" are not safe or bad. For some reason it removes also some CUE files/drivers, when this happens you need to run again the CUE installer and choose the REPAIR option in it. Repair, restart and that should fix your issue.

Corsair is already looking into this, but I put the blame on Win10 anyway. I don't get why they need to delete files/drivers without the user permission.

OK. Thanks for the help! i already repaired it though. I'm having trouble finding the shortcut to open it though... :( i cant find it anywhere you would normally find shortcuts and i have even looked in the files for the program... and nothing.

Archived