Corsair Community

Scimitar side buttons not working

So, I have a similar issue but I have already remapped the side buttons to number keys. As of now, they have been off and on. The side buttons will work and then stop working. Is this happening to anyone else? Am I triggering something that causes it to stop or revert to the default state? Everything else is working just fine. Thanks!
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, side buttons no longer work. Default profile is my ONLY profile. It is selected as default. I have remapped the keys to the number keys (Not the num pad keys). I have saved the profile to device memory as well. Still doesn't work.

To map I clicked on the key and chose Remap Key/Button. Then chose Typing Key from the Key/Button Function drop down. Then chose Number & Symbol Keys from the Key/Button Sections drop down. Then I selected the number I wanted it mapped to and clicked the remap button at the bottom.

Everything is setup correctly. It is the mouse with the issue. It was also having another issue I figured out had to do with the color switching where it was timing out and shutting down the click buttons and side buttons. Changing it to a solid color profile resolved that one (alot of people had this issue as well in the forums).

However the main issue is that my side buttons dont work all of a sudden when once they did.

Hello Everyone,

If you guys are having this issue, please post your logs so i can forward them to our validation team to assess.

I have a log from a few days ago where it was happening, and am very new here. Is this thread the best place to do it or is there a better location for them? I'll upload it when I get home.

I have this issue daily after starting up my PC. The CUE shows the keys are mapped but the side buttons do not work. After a system reboot they keypad will sometimes start working again, but may randomly stop working while in use.

Submitted a ticket 6699434 with log files.

• Corsair Employee
I have this issue daily after starting up my PC. The CUE shows the keys are mapped but the side buttons do not work. After a system reboot they keypad will sometimes start working again, but may randomly stop working while in use.

Submitted a ticket 6699434 with log files.

Thank you for the log file. It will be forwarded to our developers to further investigate the cause of this.

I legit got the mouse 3 days ago and it was working fine... for three days. Noticed the LED lighting at the side buttons were being funky next thing I knew none of the assigned buttons on the mouse were working anymore. I tried reinstalling and unplugging the mouse as well as force updating the firmware but it just isn't working :(

2015-11-17T23-44-53.txt

so mine worked for a week finally getting use to it today i started the pc and all side buttons wont work..... was last night..

its as if the profile is not loading to mouse at all

where do i normally find these logs to add them to thread

I stopped using my scimitar for a week while i waited for updates, now I got the updates and the problem still exists. Mouse will work fine then all of a sudden the side buttons stop working and I have to restart my computer to fix it.

This has been a daily problem for more than 2 weeks. I submitted logs and exports of my settings but no progress has been made.

I really can not recommend this mouse to anyone in the current state.

I can confirm the same issue. Latest firmware was already installed (And forced update just in case - successful update but no joy on side button issue.)

Side buttons seemed to work initially. Can't say exactly when it may have stopped. Noticed it last night playing D3. Suddenly no action for numbers pressed on side buttons.

If this is mechanical/electronic failure, then it seems to be a consistent one for many of us.

If this is a firmware/driver issue, then it seems to be consistent for many of us, as well.

The driver/firmware is the easier fix... but the failure on a mouse that is at most, 2 weeks old for me, is not acceptable, regardless of the source.

What is the status of a fix or suggestion for this issue? The mouse itself works/tracks/clicks/scrolls fine. But the lack of the secondary MMO functions (Primary functions really - as this is an MMO mouse after all) makes it a bit of a pointless purchase.

Same thing happend to me. Was so excited about this mouse the realese here in sweden was a few weeks ago . and after a week of using it the side buttons wont work if i look at my profile the keys are still assigned. I tryed to reasign them to all of my profiles but nothing. Should i return the mouse or wait for an update?

• 3 weeks later...
Same problem here, its not a mechanical failure since the buttons still work for the Ripple lighting effect (im using the Cue link system with my Strave rg) been using the mouse for about 2 weeks, got the new keyboard about 2 days ago ( still no problems ) and today i had a windows update and now the side buttons and middel buttons dont work anymore doesnt matter wat key i assign to it (cue still works) i switched back to my naga and returned this thing back to the store.. but im almost 100% sure its a software problem