Corsair Community

Limited Availability: Corsair RGB K70/K95 RGB MX Blue

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

We were able to source a very small number of Cherry MX Blue RGB switches for K70 and K95 RGB keyboard availability. These will be exclusive for our webstore only and preorders are open. We're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details.

Please keep in mind that there are a very small number of these keyboards as these are not a permanent addition to the line-up due to low demand for MX Blue in general. However, we know there are a select few of you here in the forums who desire it so here is the notice before anyone else gets word.

Links:

K70 RGB MX Blue NA Layout: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-k70-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-blue

K95 RGB MX Blue NA Layout: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-k95-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-blue

Feel free to post here or PM me any questions you all have.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES!!!!!!!

This is great news (that I just happened to stumble across through Google and random curiosity); I will be selling off my current keyboard in favor of this.

Edit: I also sent a PM with a few questions, but I'm both not sure if it went through and thought it wouldn't hurt to post them here:

First question: I will be actually switching shipping addresses in a few weeks (about mid-May) so it's important I get an idea of when these would ship out if I ordered one now. The link to the K70 states the item will ship out within 2-3 business days of purchase, is that accurate? And if it doesn't ship out within, say, a couple weeks... can I then change the shipping address on an existing order? I've never purchased through Corsair's website before. Thank you.

Second question: Since these are in limited supply, what is Corsair's policy regarding handling of defective units after you guys run out of MX Blues? If that happens, would we be able to get full refunds for the product?

Finally, were any conclusions reached about the inconsistent and "mushy" RGB MX Blue issue?

Thank you.

YES!!!!!!!

This is great news (that I just happened to stumble across through Google and random curiosity); I will be selling off my current keyboard in favor of this.

Edit: I also sent a PM with a few questions, but I'm both not sure if it went through and thought it wouldn't hurt to post them here:

First question: I will be actually switching shipping addresses in a few weeks (about mid-May) so it's important I get an idea of when these would ship out if I ordered one now. The link to the K70 states the item will ship out within 2-3 business days of purchase, is that accurate? And if it doesn't ship out within, say, a couple weeks... can I then change the shipping address on an existing order? I've never purchased through Corsair's website before. Thank you.

Second question: Since these are in limited supply, what is Corsair's policy regarding handling of defective units after you guys run out of MX Blues? If that happens, would we be able to get full refunds for the product?

Finally, were any conclusions reached about the inconsistent and "mushy" RGB MX Blue issue?

Thank you.

To answer your first question, they should ship faster than a few weeks, I believe the time on the site is relatively accurate.

Second, if you do so happen to get a defect after Corsair runs out of blues, I'm fairly certain they'll give you a full refund, just so long as it's under manufacturer warranty still.

And third, that's not exactly a question to ask Corsair. Cherry makes the switches, so it'd be more appropriate to contact them instead. Although, since Corsair seems confident in selling them again, I assume the inconsistencies have been cleared up.

I would buy a board myself, but I have no monies. :P

To answer your first question, they should ship faster than a few weeks, I believe the time on the site is relatively accurate.

Second, if you do so happen to get a defect after Corsair runs out of blues, I'm fairly certain they'll give you a full refund, just so long as it's under manufacturer warranty still.

And third, that's not exactly a question to ask Corsair. Cherry makes the switches, so it'd be more appropriate to contact them instead. Although, since Corsair seems confident in selling them again, I assume the inconsistencies have been cleared up.

I would buy a board myself, but I have no monies. :P

Thank you so much for the response.

About shipping, the part that confused me is Corsair James' post above where he said "we're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details."

Any idea if that mean 3-4 weeks to ship out or 3-4 weeks of availability for the blues?

Do Corsair update buyers with tracking numbers once the orders ship and should it be fairly easy to cancel an re-place an order if it doesn't ship out in time? That's my only concern right now; I'm moving in few weeks and don't want my keyboard sent to the wrong address. :P

Thank you so much for the response.

About shipping, the part that confused me is Corsair James' post above where he said "we're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details."

Any idea if that mean 3-4 weeks to ship out or 3-4 weeks of availability for the blues?

Do Corsair update buyers with tracking numbers once the orders ship and should it be fairly easy to cancel an re-place an order if it doesn't ship out in time? That's my only concern right now; I'm moving in few weeks and don't want my keyboard sent to the wrong address. :P

It's 3-4 weeks of availability, not 3-4 weeks of shipping. They will give you tracking numbers, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to cancel it during the shipping process. If you order it now, you'll most certainly get it before you move.

• 2 weeks later...
i am about to buy my first keyboard but i wonder whats so special with mx blue ?I tought many choses brown switch :confused:

The blue switch is the switch that most think of when hearing mechanical keyboard. Go on YouTube and search mechanical switch comparison

Will people such as myself living outside of the US and Canada be able to preorder these or is that not going to happen?

Really hoping this is answered, I purchased a K70 with MX Blues almost a month ago now since RGB wasn't available.

I got an email about the K95's. Does this mean the K70 blues are all gone? I got a brown, but I made a deal with a buddy that I'd sell him my brown if I could get a blue.

PLEASE TELL ME I CAN GET A K70 BLUE STILL!!! The brown is... nice, but it's no blue :-/

I got an email about the K95's. Does this mean the K70 blues are all gone? I got a brown, but I made a deal with a buddy that I'd sell him my brown if I could get a blue.

PLEASE TELL ME I CAN GET A K70 BLUE STILL!!! The brown is... nice, but it's no blue :-/

I got an email about the K95 RGB Blues as well, but no email about the K70 RGB Blues.

Corsair James told me in a PM that they sold out in a day. :-(

I got an email about the K95 RGB Blues as well, but no email about the K70 RGB Blues.

Corsair James told me in a PM that they sold out in a day. :-(

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I can't even fathom the "low demand" reason I've been hearing for lack of production. Thanks for the update.

Archived