Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

This is still an issue and its beyond a joke to be frank, it causes constant crashes, also note that it uses GPU resources in the background "ALL" the time. Can be seen in "afterburner" I'm a long time k70rgb user and the vanilla software was much better, even if it had a steep learning curve. There's definitely some sort of miner running in the background in this program. I wouldn't be surprised really, its 2020.

It also interfers with slightly dated setups, especially if you want to control your fans from other programs. The temp sensors or somethin related seem to be running all the time even if disabled, which interferes.

Safe to say won't be getting any more corsair products and will put this overpriced crap to sell.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The dashboard freezes for me too and the numbers just hang. This used to happen to me in Corsair Link as well and has been occurring since August, 2017. I'm really hoping for a fix. Every Corsair iCUE update, I hope it's resolved but my hopes are slowly fading.

Edit: any idea if this was fixed in the iCUE v3.20.80 Patch?

Edit 2: I can confirm that the latest update didn't fix the issue.

Edited by OD RESET

I just built a new PC and am having similar experiences using iCue but slightly different. For the first hour or so after completing my build, iCue worked perfectly to control 6 Corsair LL 120 fans and Corsair H150i Pro RGB AIO. restarted my PC a few times and then the software would zoom in about 200-300% on the screen and partially freeze. I could randomly click around and some menu items would open but i was unable to view the entire program on screen. I would kill all Corsair services in task manager but the problem still persists.

I resorted to downloading the legacy iLINK software to control the fans, pump and RGB colors and it seems to be working at the moment.

I have not experienced iCue causing any other games and/or programs to crash while using it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version yielding the same result.

Any others on this forum experiencing similarly?

Thanks for your help and support

Any others on this forum experiencing similarly?

Thanks for your help and support

I would suggest making your own thread, this seems like more of a Windows issue that you're having. Make sure that you're display resolution for your monitor is at the recommended %, or try setting it to 100%. I used to have that problem on an ultra wide monitor and it went away when I set it to 100%.

Right click on desktop >> Display settings >> Scroll down to scale and layout >> Change the size of text, apps and other items to 100%. Another thing you could try is changing the compatibility settings of the iCUE properties.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s a windows issue. The app freezes as soon as I load it. It appears zoomed in but the menu options within the app are unresponsive. When randomly clicking around the app, pieces

Of different menus open up at times but is generally unusable. Seems odd as the app worked within the first hour of installing windows on my newly built PC. a I also have MSI afterburner, AURA SYNC and TUF Gaming utilities also monitoring fan speeds etc... could this possibly be causing iCue to behave as it is? I will try uninstalling these additional programs and see if the problem persists. LINK appears to be fully functional at the moment and achieves my desired result to adjust fan speed, AIO pump speed and RGB control of my 6 fans and Pump. M

I’ll let you know if this helps the iCue problem

The dashboard freezes for me too and the numbers just hang. This used to happen to me in Corsair Link as well and has been occurring since August, 2017. I'm really hoping for a fix. Every Corsair iCUE update, I hope it's resolved but my hopes are slowly fading.

Edit: any idea if this was fixed in the iCUE v3.20.80 Patch?

Edit 2: I can confirm that the latest update didn't fix the issue.

Same issue. All of the sensors are graphics/temps are frozen in iCUE. The program started after the last problematic build and has carried over the new update.

I guess it back to downgrading again.

• 3 weeks later...

Corsair Services and or ICue is freezing my PC every 10 minutes.

When does this happen

-------------------------------------

-When I am play CSGO

CPU usage is around 20-30% when this happens (100% on 1 core)

GPU usage is around 30-50%

Seems to happen a lot more if ICue is open but even when closed (Corsair service still throws errors and freezes my PC)

What Happens

------------------------

- CPU spikes on all 8 cores (Appears to be deadlocking)

- PCI Express Root Port Crashes, causing GPU to do bad things (WHEA errors are most common when CPU based errors are happening)

- ALL USB devices disconnect and reconnect - Takes 5 seconds (Play a competitive shooter and not having mouse or keyboard for 5 seconds is TILTING)

- Game crashes some times

System

-------------

Ryzen 3700x

RTX 2070 Super

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz

ASUS x570 Prime PRO

Commander Pro

Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

RM850x, 850 Watt, Fully Modular Power Supply

6 LL120 mm Fans

Logs

-------

CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException: No response ---> System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.

What I Think is happening

---------------------------------------

It appears that the Corsair Service losses connection to the commander pro (Ryzen 3 polling rates could be to blame) and fails hard and does NOT properly catch exceptions and crashes Corsair services and deadlocks the CPU, which causes all kinds of issues.

THIS MAKES MY GAMING COMPUTER 100% UNUSABLE.

Can anyone confirm if 3.21.88 fixes this issue?

I'm not sure which version, but I am starting to think it's been solved pretty recently.

Normally after an hour or so of playing mine stops, after several hours on 2 or 3 occasions it's been fine recently though.

I'm not sure which version, but I am starting to think it's been solved pretty recently.

Normally after an hour or so of playing mine stops, after several hours on 2 or 3 occasions it's been fine recently though.

Nope. Still the exact same behavior.

At this stage it's obvious they are never going to solve this.

Nope. Still the exact same behavior.

At this stage it's obvious they are never going to solve this.

Yep, can confirm, you're right.

This is totally insane, I've had this issue for a year now, nobody at Corsair seems to even care enough to say anything at all now.

I still get the USB disconnect when I login to Windows as the lights kick in, too.

I'm not sure anymore this is an actual Corsair Software issue and now thinking its a Corsair Hardware issue.

I have completely uninstalled ICue and all Corsair software and the problem continues.

Running fans and cooler with defaults.

It appears that the commander pro is still disconnecting in moments of high cpu load while gaming. This in turn is causing issues with the device manager that appears to be causing the freezing and hanging due to the commander pro hardware issues.

NEXT TEST

--------------------

GOING TO REMOVE COMMANDER PRO AND JUST USE LIGHTING NODE AND RGB HUB.

will update tomorrow!

Edited by Gilgamensch

I'm not sure anymore this is an actual Corsair Software issue and now thinking its a Corsair Hardware issue.

I have completely uninstalled ICue and all Corsair software and the problem continues.

Running fans and cooler with defaults.

It appears that the commander pro is still disconnecting in moments of high cpu load while gaming. This in turn is causing issues with the device manager that appears to be causing the freezing and hanging due to the commander pro hardware issues.

NEXT TEST

--------------------

GOING TO REMOVE COMMANDER PRO AND JUST USE LIGHTING NODE AND RGB HUB.

will update tomorrow!

How can the problem continue if you remove the Corsair software? The problem is that iCue stops updating data, and then can't react to temp changes to change the lights and fan speeds.

For me, removing iCue seems not to be an option if I want a custom fan curve on my H80i V2, and there seems to be no way to load the custom curve to hardware. The 'quiet' fan curve is far too noisy while the system is idle or under low load, and not aggressive enough under constant full load.

Does anyway know of any good lighting controller that can handle WS2811/WS2812 strips? I have custom cut regular addressable LED strips and soldered links between them in specific positions to fit into my case and connected them to my lightning pro. This works really well, and the iCue software gives really nice control of them..... just wish they would fix the hardware monitoring.

I looked again yesterday, it seems they are using an old version of the CPUID SDK, however, only very slightly, it seems to be 148 vs 149 that the latest CPU-Z itself uses.

I may have found the under lying issue, need to test more under heavy load.

I used a port monitor to verify that it was the Commander Pro disconnecting that was the issue and not just a symptom. (As my entire system would become unstable when this happened)

ROOT CAUSE

-----------------------

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/968132/usb-devices-may-stop-functioning-correctly-when-multiple-devices-conne

All my usb devices were under 1 root hub (That's why when the commander pro became unstable it would crash the root hub all devices under it)

My guess is that the Commander Pro drivers dont play nicely if it is not the solo device under the Root Hub as for the reasons mentioned in the Microsoft link.

Why are multiple USB devices getting tossed under the same Root Hub? I have no idea. If I had to guess i would say it is a chip-set driver issue. More specifically a USB driver issue.

*I will test more tonight as I was able to get the Commander Pro under it's own Root Hub