Corsair Community

Display randomly disconnecting but fans and other components continue working.

Pitzi

Today and yesterday I was on my PC and the display would randomly disconnect (it would stop showing on the monitor) this happened when I was in Aisuite3 or changing fan speed in aisuite (it would happen if I turned off a chassis fan). The fans and other things were still on.

As far as changes to the pc there have been some. I have installed a new Corsair h100i pro. I have the fan headers in the daisychain and the fan speed controller in the cpu fan header (maybe that’s the problem)?

Please help I’m scared that there is a problem.

Pitzi

That is very unlikely. If your display is cutting out, the first thing to look for is secure HDMI/D-Link or whatever connection you are using for the monitor. After that, I would look at the GPU driver.

While using AI Suite to control the fans from the CPU header may not be the most efficient method, it won't cause damage. With water cooling, you can't because of fan speed. Actual CPU overheating will cause throttling and eventually a hardware shutdown with plenty of clues and warnings. The monitor dropping out is likely something else.

Ok so now it just happened to me again. I was watching a YouTube video and my display just shut off. my lights, fans, gpu stayed on though. I checked for new drivers and the HDMI connection. I tried to shut it off with the power button on the case (without luck) so I used the switch of the peu. I checked the power button connection and it seemed fine.

I don’t know what else to do.

Kind regards,

Pitzi

It appears your video signal out is being disrupted. It could be the physical HDMI cable. It could be a GPU driver issue. It could be a GPU hardware issue. Unfortunately, the only way to sort it is by proceeding through each one. Start with the easy stuff. Use a different HDMI cable, DVI-Link, or whatever else you have. Definitely scrub your driver with whatever AMD owners use to get rid of the driver package, then do a clean install. No reason to pursue it as a hardware problem until there is nothing else left to try.

Archived