Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was running 3.4.95. The old CUE software was very verbose with it's updates, this one looks like you need to manually check? I'll be sure to look frequently from now on.

I've finished the update and am now at 3.5.111. I'll report back with news when I have some.

Edited by Rakshasas

• Corsair Employee
Ok that didn't take long at all. It has already frozen since previous post.

Your sensors are freezing because your service in Windows isn't working. Check to see if restarting the Corsair service helps and if it still happens, send me your logs via PM.

Hello James,

I don't think I am able to attach files to PMs, I've only able to do it in forum posts. Either a permission issue or I am just blind.

And yes, you are right the service is freezing. This thread has been talking about this issue and several of us have confirmed that restarting the service fixes the issue, but temporarily.

It can be fixed for 5 minutes (as tested via a game of Rocket League) or for an entire evening. It's fairly random but I'd say it would fail on average after 15 minutes or so.

I have attached logs earlier in this thread as well so please check them out. They are for the earlier version mind you but might still be helpful. There are quite a number of exceptions relating to my Corsair H115i AIO. I will be away this weekend so I am not sure when I can get you the new logs.

Oh and one thing to be clear about, it's more than just graphs freezing. All of the hardware devices are completely unresponsive when the CorsairService freezes. Temperatures do not update, RGB cannot be changed and if I recall correctly even the logs stop writing including the trace log which I believe writes very frequently.

I appreciate your assistance. If you'd like fresh logs from the new version I can attach them to this post in a few days. Thanks

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is being discussed somewhere but I haven't seen it.

Long story short, CorsairService seems to just get stuck and stop updating iCUE. Not only do the graphs on the dashboard and "Space" stop updating and become flat, changing fan speeds and colours no longer work either. The service is essentially dead.

I've attached two screenshots that show the problem. Note how every graph is completely flat in the first picture. Nothing updates including temperatures. Note the second screenshot where the data starts changing again. The second screenshot is roughly 30 seconds after I restart CorsairService. At some point in the next 10 minutes or so it will once again stop reporting.

My solution to prevent overheating is to keep my fans at max speed until this is resolved, but that is quite loud.

I have to say, if it weren't for this particular problem I am having I would say I really like what you have done with iCUE. I never really liked Corsair Link (useful but a bit clunky and for some reason refused to go on my 3rd monitor). One unified software package for this stuff is just a great idea, but unfortunately the risk of overheating is too great and I hope we can resolve this.

I was thinking about performing a reinstall but I figured I'd post first and see if anyone had a comment. I have restarted my computer and have experienced this issue for two days.

I also have this problem since switching to iCUE from Link.

(H115i + AX860i +HX1000 + alot of LED stuff and fans)

Is the H115i still reacting to temp fluctuations when the service is down/unreponsive or do I have to switch back to LINK to make sure the CPU is NOT potentially overheating unknowingly?

• Corsair Employee
I also have this problem since switching to iCUE from Link.

(H115i + AX860i +HX1000 + alot of LED stuff and fans)

Is the H115i still reacting to temp fluctuations when the service is down/unreponsive or do I have to switch back to LINK to make sure the CPU is NOT potentially overheating unknowingly?

Coolers are designed to run without software but monitoring the temperature of the coolant.

Would really like to see some progress on this. I spent a whole lot of money on this equipment which I do really like but having my temp monitoring constantly freezing is potentially causing damage to my system components.

Thanks for the logs - I will review!

Hi, just recently put together

H100i v2

Commander Pro

6 HD 120 fans

570x case

using Icue and randomly the monitoring in ICUE just gets stuck restarting ending task CorsairService and closing Icue gets it working again

Thanks

Coolers are designed to run without software but monitoring the temperature of the coolant.

I am having the same service freezing issue, and it seems like iCue is not respecting the profile that I saved to the H115i. As in, if the service happens to freeze while I'm gaming and the H115i water temp has already risen, the fans never slow down after extended periods of no cpu load. Also, I just noticed today that the fans do not speed up if the service stops when the computer has been idle for a while. It seems like iCue is trying to control the fans based on the faulty data from the freezing Corsair Service.

I'm running link right now and haven't had any monitoring freezes with that. I have noticed that icue only seems to lockup when I'm either gaming or running rendering software. So it seems to be tied to either high cpu or gpu load. I'm happy to provide any other info I can to help with this issue. I've also got a support ticket open #757394

Same issue as the rest in this thread. iCUE readings stay frozen, fans run at default speeds. Corsair LINK was a constant headache as well. Corsair Hardware 10/10; Software... meh, not impressed over the past year (imo).

I love the new iCUE software. I was running LINK for fan speed control and LED strips (Commander Pro) and then CUE for my keyboard and mouse... so when I saw that they had integrated into one program I was excited.

Anyway. If I shutdown iCUE and restart the Corsair Service, and then reload iCUE everything will work fine for a while. After a reboot everything gets hosed again. After an hour or so of gaming everything freezes again (but I don't know until i exit the game and wonder why my fans are still running loud).

It just so happened that I needed to do a system reload anyway, and recently started my Windows 10 installation from scratch. The issue with iCUE persisted. I have exported and attached my logs since then.

Would be so great if this problem could be solved. I genuinely didn't like the LINK controls and enjoy the UI of iCUE much better. I just need it to work. I want to build a new PC and Corsair was my A-list for hardware. If the software can't make it all work together I suppose I will need to go another route.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully this is resolved.

PC Specs.txt

iCUE logs.zip

457452314_2018-07-3114_03_20-Window.png.fe8dd4286358e598fe2fa7618e9dc8ad.png

Here is a ZIP of the logs showing the error that caused my iCue to freeze all actions, reporting as well as control of devices such as fan speeds. Restaring the service resumes the iCue operations and control of fans.

The error I can see occurs at 10:05 in the log... see below.

I restarted the Service at approx 12:45. Until then iCue flatlined and had no control over fans.

2018-08-01 10:05:28.7616 | 3 | WARN: DeviceControlExtentions | Exception of type CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException occured (try 1 of 5)

CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException: No response ---> System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.

vid HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)

vid HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

vid HidSharp.HidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)

--- **** på stackspårning för interna undantag ---

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndRead(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.ReadFanState()

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.ProDevicesComponent.<InternalProcessExternalTemperatureData>d__14.MoveNext()

--- **** på stackspårningen från föregående plats där ett undantag utlöstes ---

vid System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

vid System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

vid CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseControlledComponent.<ProcessControlData>d__0.MoveNext()

--- **** på stackspårningen från föregående plats där ett undantag utlöstes ---

vid System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

vid System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

vid CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Utils.DeviceControlExtentions.<ProcessDeviceRequest>d__0.MoveNext()

2018-08-01 10:05:29.2762 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Device can't be open. USBCommandHandler.SI_Open returns false

2018-08-01 10:05:29.2762 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Ett undantagsfel av typen SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException inträffade.

2018-08-01 10:05:30.2779 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Device can't be open. USBCommandHandler.SI_Open returns false

2018-08-01 10:05:30.2789 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Open was failed 3 time(s). Need to restart devices

2018-08-01 10:05:34.8723 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Try to open one more time after restart...

2018-08-01 10:05:34.8723 | 7 | ERROR: AsetekCoolerV2Device | Additional open: Success!

2018-08-01 10:05:34.9622 | 28 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1977(avg: 1012,26) ms

2018-08-01 10:05:34.9622 | 28 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 8(51 sens.)

Service logs.zip

Edited by asyvan