Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB mouse features?

Ein

Hi,

I wanted to find out more in regards to this mice as there isn't a lot of information out there. I am currently using a Logitech G600 mouse and am looking to make the switch if Corsair includes the needed features. Specifically, I am inquiring on whether the Scimitar:

1. has the ability to store profiles on the mouse with onboard memory.

2. supports multiple key assignment profiles based on different applications/games.

3. supports multiple lighting effect/modes based on said profiles (per-profile backlighting).

4. has the ability to automatically switch key assignment profiles based on what application/game is the focused window. For instance, if I launch a game and the mouse focus is on the game window, the side buttons should correspond to the key assignment for that game's profile. If I click out of the game (by alt-tabbing out or clicking another window in a separate monitor to switch the focus or otherwise closing the game), the mouse/CUE should automatically switch back to the default profile.

These features are supported on the G600 and are vital features for me, especially the latter three. If the Scimitar/CUE does not support this, this mouse is as good as useless to me, especially at a price point of almost double what the G600 cost.

Please let me know in regards to this. Also, I am looking for answers in regards to what is supported/capable now or at release rather than empty promises of what might be in the future.

Well, it is hard to say anything when the mouse is not even out and available.

The answer for everything is it might/should. But until some reviews are out and peoples have it no one can answer your questions, apart from a Corsair employee which might know more.

What ever other companies do Corsair wants to match it.

Number 1,3,4 are supported.

How could 4 be supported without supporting 2?

Do you work for Corsair? I am basically expecting an answer from Corsair since as terabyte mentioned, the product isn't officially out yet (although based on Amazon reviews, it seems someone did somehow managed to get one already).

Archived