Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 & Asus M4A78T-E BIOS Settings

RamAir02

If the modules pass Memtest 86+ individually they are probably good. Make sure you have the latest BIOS as this is how Asus improves RAM compatibility. You can also try a few different options to see if they help. You can increase the CPU-NB / VDDNB voltage to ~1.25 V and the RAM voltage to 1.65 V. You can also e-mail Asus tech to confirm that the specific model mobo that you have does not have issues with this specific part number RAM.

Ok thank you for the help; this is my first build. I will try your suggestions. It is just puzzling since the pc is stable with ram in single channel setup i.e. slots 1 and 3. What is the disadvantage to running the ram in slots 1 and 3 instead of dual channel setup?

Dual channel can offer more data processing bandwidth depending on many factors. For single channel you would typically use only one module. For dual channel you can use 2 or 4 modules. Slots 1 & 3 are often the preferred slots for two DIMMs in dual channel. Single or dual channel is typically a function of how many modules you are using unless you place the two DIMMs in the same channel. Then you'd be in single channel instead of the preferred dual channel mode. Most mobos color code the RAM slots so you know which pair to use for two DIMMs.

If the modules pass Memtest 86+ individually they are probably good. Make sure you have the latest BIOS as this is how Asus improves RAM compatibility. You can also try a few different options to see if they help. You can increase the CPU-NB / VDDNB voltage to ~1.25 V and the RAM voltage to 1.65 V. You can also e-mail Asus tech to confirm that the specific model mobo that you have does not have issues with this specific part number RAM.

Ok so I've upped the DRAM Voltage to 1.64 (intervals of .02V) but I have a question about the CPU-NB / VDDNB voltage.

There are multiple options relating to this and I'm not sure which to alter.

I have:

CPU Voltage

CPU/NB Voltage

CPU VDDA Voltage

DRAM Voltage

HT Voltage

NB Voltage

NB 1.8V Voltage

SB Voltage

I'm assuming the one I want to increase to 1.25 volts is CPU/NB Voltage, but I don't want to do this to the wrong option, so please clarify.

Thanks

Archived