Corsair Community

K65 LUX Some questions

vram74

Got a new k65 lux for Christmas and have some questions:

I didn't realize that only one connection was required for USB 3.0 and had both plugged in for over an hour. Did I potentially damage my KB in doing this?

When plugging in my KB, my PC was powered off but the KB was illuminated...all but the "6" key. Whats up with the keyboard being lit while the PC is off and why was the 6 key the only key not lit?

Is there any way to save profiles directly to the KB so that the software isn't required and can you switch profiles via the keyboard?

When I tell CUE software (2.8.70) to check for updates I get a notification "The Corsair Utility Engine has detected and error during software update check.". Normal?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

1. Your keyboard is fine. Its not going to take more power then it can handle unless for some reason your mobo manufacturer decides to make a USB port that kills your devices.

2. You could have a dead led or a corrupted firmware. Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reflash.

3. You can only save static lighting to the keyboard. Any actions, and lighting effects will only be available when CUE is running.

4. The update button doesnt work right now and will be patched at a later date.

Thanks for your reply. The LED began working at some point early on that night and has worked ever since. Was just trying to determine why it wasn't lit initially.

I was worried that since USB 3.0 feeds more power that I might've done some damage to the circuitry of the KB.

How do I save the static light profiles to the keyboard and what keys activate them? It's a shame animated profiles won't transfer :(

Archived