Corsair Community

SP controller compatible LED strip

jpmaio

Hi everyone!

I bought an 460X RGB to replace my old CM Storm Tropper. I also got more 3 SP120 RGB fans.

I've mounted my ssd in the PSU shroud, but it barely stands out... So, i want to put a single led strip in the bottom of the case, to bring some light to that area.

First i thought to simply buy the Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit, that brings 2 strips, and daisy-chain them to 2 fans in the included SP controller of the case. But for what i've read, that's a no-no.

I know i can buy the CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO, and control everything from the link app. But i don't really want to pay all that much, and i want to use the 3 buttons to control everything.

So, anyone knows an option? i don't want to address different LED's in the strip. I simply want one strip with the same color of the fans, and controlled the same way.

Any hints how the SP120 LED's are controlled is also helpful. I'm not afraid of soldering or arduinos :D:

Very appreciated! ;):

20180105_221214.thumb.jpg.8c52c5a8ede0a05e1faa424fb91f5592.jpg

As for the Arduino option, check this out: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165029&highlight=arduino.

Now, with the Lighting Node Pro and Link, you can synch the colors of the fans and the strips. But I'm not aware of any strips ... at all ... that work with one of the push-button controllers.

I do know that there were other strips that Corsairs used to sell with the Commander Mini but I've never had them and know nothing at all about them. There may be others on here that have and could have some comments.

As for the Arduino option, check this out: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165029&highlight=arduino.

Now, with the Lighting Node Pro and Link, you can synch the colors of the fans and the strips. But I'm not aware of any strips ... at all ... that work with one of the push-button controllers.

I do know that there were other strips that Corsairs used to sell with the Commander Mini but I've never had them and know nothing at all about them. There may be others on here that have and could have some comments.

I had the CoMini and strips.. think there was 5 or 6 leds per strip and i know they operated on a different voltage to the Pro strips..... and they wasn't individually addressable either.. all changed color at same time.. no waves etc.

It's really a shame... If they sell cases with buttons, why not make also things compatible with that? I think that the diferences between SP, HD and led strips are mostly to sell commander pro's and stuff :/

I will buy a white LED strip from cablemod (since white is my fav color in my system), and i think that will look good even if i change the fan colors.

I think that the diferences between SP, HD and led strips are mostly to sell commander pro's and stuff :/

Not really as SP/HD fans work independently of the CoPro and NoPro.., and Strips are part of a NoPro Kit.. (not be be confused with the 'expansion' kit)

When they released the LL fans they Supplied a NoPro with the triple packs as they are software controlled only meaning button controllers won't work with them..... which certainly cancels out the need for a CoPro

Reasons to buy a CoPro are as simple as.. do you want a Fan Rpm/Speed Controller that's compatible with Corsair LINK. if so.. CoPro is the way to go...

all simple stuff really.. no conspiracy etc.. just a family of products that can be interconnected ;)

Archived