Corsair Community

K70 RGB iCUE software seems to be preventing lighting from working

Wre

Hello,

I have the older model Corsair k70 RGB keyboard which worked very fine until the update to iCUE. What appears to be happening is that when the iCUE program is running all profiles/backlighting on the keyboard ceases to work and goes black. Changing profiles or messing with lighting effects does not seem to work anymore.

The interesting thing is when I manually quit the iCUE program the keyboard lights up on it's default setting (red keys with white arrows and WASD). This makes me think that there isn't a problem with the lighting and something with the software is doing to prevent it from lighting up.

I have tried hard resetting the keyboard using the pinhole trick which did result in the keyboard having it's idle Rainbow Spiral profile effect (until I open/reinstall iCUE then it goes back to being black). Also if I'm logged into a non admin profile on my window's machine the keyboard seems to have it's red and white lighting as well.

I have tried unplugging/replugging in USB ports, hard resetting, reinstalling the software a dozen times....the iCUE software actually recognizes my keyboard it's just a matter of the lighting no longer functioning through the software. It's frustrating to me that I get forced to update the software which results in the keyboard I paid for not working anymore. This happened to me last year or so and iirc I had to wait for Corsair to release a new version of the software that caused the functionality to return. It's also frustrating that I filled out a help ticket for this issue that has quietly been ignored for 2 weeks now. Can anyone provide a solution?

I am having the same problem with my original K70 RGB as well. When the iCue software is running, my previously working profile does not work and no lights work on the keyboard. Shutting down iCue does re-enable the default static color mode.

• Corsair Employee

Can you describe the type of lighting effect you currently have within the software? If you tried CUE 2.24.50 do lighting effects stick or does it now do the same as if iCUE were installed?

Only thing off the top of my head is if you have a static lighting effect, you'll want to make sure all the keys are selected within the program to properly reflect the lighting effect itself.

I have a profile called Underwater that normally has a light blue lighting and is responsive to key presses, generating waves. From this creator's website

I am using a K70 RGB v1 with Firmware v 2.05 - which is the latest available. And iCue version 3.5.111

Since updating to the most recent version, no lighting profiles work if the iCue software is running, and only the static default works when it is stopped.

It might be good to separate "profile error: did not convert from CUE to iCUE properly" from a more serious hardware/software problem. What happens when you add a brand new profile, drag it to the top of the left menu so it is the default, then go to the keyboard and add (+) any predefined lighting effect (spiral rainbow, wave, static, whatever...)?

• 2 weeks later...
I just found my same exact problem in my strafe. For some reason after update in the device settings brightness was bottom out. I slid bar right all was fixed. I know it's late but figured it may help someone.

OMG that was the problem. Thanks!

Archived