Corsair Community

Corsair H90

Legionist

Hello!

i have a h90 aio water cooler for my i5 7640x and for some reason a week ago the pump stoped working. Saturday i got back to my pc and decided to give it another try and i've taken the pump out and remounted it with the radiator in another position and now it works... Can you please tell me what is wrong with it? if i put it back in its original position it doesn't work and if i put it the way it is now, it works.... i find it pretty strange and i'm worried that something might happen to my pc.Also when i start the pc sometimes it gives me the water pump failure alert and after 2-3 seconds it stops as the pump works..

Make sure you have the header powering the H90 set to 100%. The unit needs 12v at all times and it is easy to forget this may reset on a BIOS flash or using other software tuning programs.

More likely is the pump is developing some type of electrical issue that prevents it from starting, as suggested b the boot error. It should work in any position, but possibly your current one has less physical resistance and allows the pump to start with more regularity. Regardless, it is not supposed to work this way and you should contact Corsair through the support link at the top of the page to start the RMA process.

Archived