Corsair Community

Force GT 120 cant update at all.

Alphaborg

What do i do,

when Toolbox finds my Force GT120, Currently version 1.3.2, says there is update 5.05, but keeps saying Firmware update failed....

and when i try to use the Field updater, it cant even find my ssd, after multiple scans?

whats next step ?

Please note that we currently do not support upgrading old 1.3.x FW to 5.0x FW on Sandforce based drives. Users of 1.3.x firmwares will still need to update to 5.xx firmwares using the Sandforce based FW update process found in the SSD Firmware Update section.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118313

The field updater is really old which is why it cannot detect the SSD, some users have experienced problems with it using the X79 chipset.

• 3 weeks later...
What do i do,

when Toolbox finds my Force GT120, Currently version 1.3.2, says there is update 5.05, but keeps saying Firmware update failed....

and when i try to use the Field updater, it cant even find my ssd, after multiple scans?

whats next step ?

Actually, it's because the Toolbox does not support going from 1.3.2 to 5.05. That's why you're getting "Firmware update failed". You'll have to use the old update procedure to update.

Force 3 / GS / GT / Nova / Accelerator Series 5.05a Firmware Update

Download the "Sandforce Update Tool and .PDF Instructions" and then download the correct driver in the post beneath called "ALL Force 3, GS, and GT Sand Force 5.05a firmwares can be found here"

Archived