Corsair Community

USB Pass through on the Corsair Strafe RGB Keyboard. Is it USB 3.0 or 2.0.?

colesdav

Hello.

I am considering the purchase of Corsair Strafe RGB or K70 RGB.

I like the media keys on the K70 RGB but one thing the Strafe RGB has is a "USB Passthrough".

Can someone (preferably officially from Corsair please) tell me how the USB pass through works on the Strafe RGB exactly?

USB pass through questions.

=====================

1. Is it a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 hub?

2. Is it simply a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Cable?

3. I can see there are two USB plug inputs.

Can someone tell me how these two USB inputs are used?

4. I read on a forum that you can connect the keyboard via USB 2.0 ports or 1 USB 3.0 port. Is this correct?

5. If you connect via USB 3.0 port does the USB passthrough still work?

If it does still work then this which would suggest to me some sort of internal USB 3.0 Hub. perhaps?

6. Can the USB hub be used to fast charge an Android Mobile Phone?

7. What is the current / voltage rating on the USB pass through?

Is it USB 2.0 spec? USB3.0 Spec? Higher?

Thanks.

colesdav.

Thanks so much for your detailed answer.

I just bought a Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry MX silent keys.

It is a really great keyboard. However the USB pass through seems to have wrecked one of my USB drives already!

I do not want to try another USB drive in the passthrough until I hear from someone that it actually supports using USB flash drives.

Link to the problem I hit is here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=842658&postcount=8

Thanks so much for your detailed answer.

I just bought a Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry MX silent keys.

It is a really great keyboard. However the USB pass through seems to have wrecked one of my USB drives already!

I do not want to try another USB drive in the passthrough until I hear from someone that it actually supports using USB flash drives.

Link to the problem I hit is here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=842658&postcount=8

do you have any proof it was the keyboard? all my flash drives work jsut fine and ive even gotten SSD to work with the pass through.

do you have any proof it was the keyboard? all my flash drives work jsut fine and ive even gotten SSD to work with the pass through.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Do I have proof it is the keyboard? No not 100% proof.

Really surprised if there is a problem with a Corsair product to be honest.

I am really impressed with the features and build quality of this keyboard.

However it is quite a coincidence for sure that a usb drive fails first time I plug it in to the keyboard.

The drive was working fine in another USB Port on my PC.

It was safely ejected from Windows. The USB drive is now completely dead.

The USB memory stick was quite a high quality USB 2.0 drive. It was however roughly 5 years old, but had not seen lots of use.

Perhaps there was something wrong with the USB drive already, and maybe something about the characteristics of the keyboard USB passthrough was enough to kick it over the edge to failure.

My fauilt for having Data on a USB drive that was not backed up.

Archived