Corsair Community

H100i Not reporting in Link

surfnet

Just installed my H100i and I cant get the H100i to show up in Link. Was running H100 with no issues in Link. Running commander 2.0.6 and System Ver. 2.1.7. Anything else I need or has anyone else got them talking together? This is using the Digital link cable not the usb. USB connector is not an option for me.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I will give it a try later. At work now.

1.2.7 will not support the H100i.

Please use the included USB cable that was shipped with the H100i unit and plug directly into the MB header as Ram Guy suggested. Using version 2.1.7 you should get the H100i items to show up and have full control.

1.2.7 will not support the H100i.

Please use the included USB cable that was shipped with the H100i unit and plug directly into the MB header as Ram Guy suggested. Using version 2.1.7 you should get the H100i items to show up and have full control.

Copy that. Will give it a try when I get home

Some more troubleshooting this morning..

Pulled out the H100 and plugged in the molex connector and Link connector outside the case and it was seen by the Commander. Wanted to verify the Cable was good.

So its something at the H100I.

Is there a way like on the H100 to reset the firmware on the H100i?

Same issue here, I had the H100 before too.

If I try to update the firmware I have the H80i/H100i reported on the list of devices I can update.

I'm gonna try a clean install of W7 tomorrow, if I'm not too lazy...

FYI...Clean install of Win 8 here.

Problem solved for me :

1) I connected the H100i using the supplied dongle => H100i reported in the software.

2) Closed the software.

3) Unplugged the usb dongle and connected the commander to the MB WITHOUT Rebooting the PC.

4) Launched the software and everything works now.

EDIT : I spoke too soon, I rebooted the PC and it doesn't work anymore! \o/

EDIT2 : Clean install didn't help...

I would like to know if someone actually succeeded to use the H100i with the link commander...

I tried everything but my H100i isn't detected in the corsair link software, my H100i is in the 3rd port of the commander but it isn't reported in the device section of the software, sometimes it is as "Corsair PSU" or "Unidentified Node" in the firmware updater...

It works great with the supplied link cable but I haven't enough usb header on my MB unfortunately...

I would like to know if someone actually succeeded to use the H100i with the link commander...

I tried everything but my H100i isn't detected in the corsair link software, my H100i is in the 3rd port of the commander but it isn't reported in the device section of the software, sometimes it is as "Corsair PSU" or "Unidentified Node" in the firmware updater...

It works great with the supplied link cable but I haven't enough usb header on my MB unfortunately...

I'm hanging in there with ya. Still a no go here. Looks like its a Corsair issue.

I was having problems with not having many USB 2.0 headers and went with this. Works great.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111702

I have recently purchased Link Lights/Cooling + H100i

Im having issues as well, from what I can gather, If I only install H100i and use the USB Cable that was shipped with it and install Corsair Link 2.1.7 that works fine, Pump & Fans are shown as well as controlling the LED.

When I now Install my Corsair Commander (with Cooling/Light Node) this 2 seems to be conflicting with each other, as both of them installed on its own USB Header. Although the Commander seems to work it can see the Fans, Probes, Lights, etc but now it wont show the H100i anymore (couple of reboots, cable reseed, no joy.

Now I removed the USB cable from the H100i and instead put the digital cable to the link connector and attached it to any channels available on the commander, Again, H100i is not being recognized by the Commander, regardless of how many reboots you do.

Hell at one point I attached the H100i to Channel 1 of the commander and suddenly the commander recognized it as Corsair PSU 1... with fan RPM 0 , i lolled... but i seem to not able to recreate that issue.

Corsair Commander 2 - Version: 2.0.6

Corsair Cooling Node - Version: 1.2.5

Corsair Lighting Node - Version: 1.1.9

And as i Recall.. H100i - Version 1.0.0

so not sure what to do...

another issue i have is that the fans makes grinding noise when i lower the RPM of the fans (sorta same issue the H100i is having when u lower the fan RPM)

all my Fans are SP120's & AF140's

so much issue on new stuff, would have thought this things are tested before they get shipped out

Have you tried reinstalling the dashboard?

Have you tried reflashing the Commander Unit?

yes :)

it is possible i have a faulty unit though... (H100i) rather that was concluded by Corsair tech Support... so its on RMA and lets see how the replacement product goes :)

still waiting

Archived