Corsair Community

CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16 and Asus X470 TUF X470 Plus Gaming

Gronar

Anyone else running this combo? I can't get it to run at 3200 using DOCP in BIOS, it bluescreens my machine. I can get it to 3000 using AUTO and setting it to 3000 but I'm trying to squeeze out the full potential of it. One thing for sure is the mem control menu's in the Asus BIOS are confusing as hell. Any tips? Thanks.

Anyone else running this combo? I can't get it to run at 3200 using DOCP in BIOS, it bluescreens my machine. I can get it to 3000 using AUTO and setting it to 3000 but I'm trying to squeeze out the full potential of it. One thing for sure is the mem control menu's in the Asus BIOS are confusing as hell. Any tips? Thanks.

That's a 4 stick kit right? Many people can only get up to DDR4-2933 when loading all four slots on Ryzen 2000 series.

Just to clarify: This link (a bit out of date) shows there is a relationship between the memory load and frequencies that Ryzen 2000 can support.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/06/06/2nd-Gen-AMD-Ryzen-Supported-RAM-Speeds-1175/

For Ryzen 2000 anything over DDR4-2933 is an overclock so results may very.

That's a 4 stick kit right? Many people can only get up to DDR4-2933 when loading all four slots on Ryzen.

Yep, it sure is. I guess 3000 then is a bit better than 2933 but was so hoping to just hit their rating.

Yep, it sure is. I guess 3000 then is a bit better than 2933 but was so hoping to just hit their rating.

I would recommend doing a memtest86 just to be sure it's no throwing any errors at DDR4-3000. You can likely post and boot at higher speeds however you may not be entirely stable.

Another way to hit the same performance levels would be to try to reduce your timings.

I would recommend doing a memtest86 just to be sure it's no throwing any errors at DDR4-3000. You can likely post and boot at higher speeds however you may not be entirely stable.

Another way to hit the same performance levels would be to try to reduce your timings.

I have since at first when I couldn't hit 3200 I assumed the RAM was bad. It's working fine at 3000, I leave my system on 24/7 with no shut downs for a week+ and been playing The Division 2 and other games nightly for hours with no issue at all.

Archived