Corsair Community

iCUE incompatible w/ Corsair One i140

x3pt

I recently bought a Corsair One i140 and after updating windows and installing the necessary drivers I decided to install iCUE to make use of the RGB on the casing.

iCUE detects the Corsair One and the RGB effects work fine but after a few minutes or even restarting the PC I constantly hear the USB disconnect notification sound. When this sound occurs, the RGB effects go back to the default settings and the case lights sometime shut off completely.

While I'm glad the rest of the PC works (for now) I can't help but be a bit frustrated as to why this would happen to a brand new (expensive) premade PC.

• 1 month later...

I just received my brand new I140 and my system is doing the same thing. After I installed iCue (that was NOT preinstalled on my system), I linked my K70, Ironclaw, Void Pro, MM800, and ST100 to Spiral Rainbow. A few minutes later I started getting the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds with the associated case lights going off, coming back on blue, then starting the rainbow sequence again.

A reboot seems to temporarily fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my corsair one 160 and am having to deal with a constantly pinging computer as well. rgb lights flashing on and off.

This is not the quality control I expected from a 4000 euro computer...

My i140 system does also the intermittent usb disconnect/reconnect thingie if I set the case lighting to a dynamic effect such as spiral rainbow, like everyone else who has a 115i platinum based cooler in their non-CorsairOne system... No issue with static effects.

Latest iCue software (3.5.15 ?) seems to take a good step solving the issue, but not completely for me, as I still get occasional disconnects only if the hardware monitor 'HWinfo' is running.

If not running 'HWinfo', not a single disconnect after hours, whereas on older iCue revisions I would still get a few.

So... progress, but not full resolution.

My i140 system does also the intermittent usb disconnect/reconnect thingie if I set the case lighting to a dynamic effect such as spiral rainbow, like everyone else who has a 115i platinum based cooler in their non-CorsairOne system... No issue with static effects.

Latest iCue software (3.5.15 ?) seems to take a good step solving the issue, but not completely for me, as I still get occasional disconnects only if the hardware monitor 'HWinfo' is running.

If not running 'HWinfo', not a single disconnect after hours, whereas on older iCue revisions I would still get a few.

So... progress, but not full resolution.

HWInfo is more than likely causing the disconnects. Ensure you have disabled Asetek control in HWInfo's settings:

Program > Settings> Safety > CorsairLink and Asetek Support: {Uncheck}

Thanks BlaiseP.

Confirmed HWInfo's setting to disable the Asetek control was causing the random disconnects.

Turned that setting off and now haven't had a single disconnect for about a day with both HWInfo and iCue 3.15.101 running and spiral rainbow on.