Corsair Community

Commander Pro removed from Amazon

YaBoyKGtho

Today I bought a Commander Pro for my new build but that part of my order was cancelled by amazon. They've removed all of the commander pros from their listings. When I contacted Amazon customer services they told me that the product has been recalled but they don't have any further information.

If you google the commander pro and click on the amazon link you'll see that it's taken down. Does anyone know what's happening? Should I just buy it from Newegg where it's still up?

Hmmm. That is disconcerting. I can't find it on Amazon at all. New Egg still lists them as in stock so I guess just buy one there, but I do wonder what this "recall" is all about. They are still listed on the Corsair site, though for $10 more than New Egg.

Strange...

Makes me wonder what is going on, other products from Corsair are no longer sold either. Matter fact, I could barely find anything that I was looking for... LED strips and the commander pro... New Egg still has both. I could find fans, but not the ones I was looking for, but New Egg has those as well. I really do not like having to buy from New Egg.

I purchased one from Amazon in December and there was an update to the firmware once I installed iCUE.

Really? I don't run Link or iCue so I may have missed a firmware update. May I ask what the latest version is that your Co-Pro updated to?

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased one from Amazon just before Christmas it lasted till the end of Jan and I smelt it burn out. I sent it back for a new one, It's only been in my system for 7 days and died already. So maybe Amazon have a bad batch? I'm going to send this one back and try a 3rd one. If it dies again I'll just stick with the lighting node pro and get a seprate fan controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived