Corsair Community

Can any other LED strips with work CL?

marksmanguy

The Corsair RGB LEDs use a WS2812 addressable LED system. So ... it's possible that you could make it work.

That said, you'd be totally on your own. But ... if you want to go down that path, check out this thread for some discussion on the internals of how it works: forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029

The Corsair RGB LEDs use a WS2812 addressable LED system. So ... it's possible that you could make it work.

That said, you'd be totally on your own. But ... if you want to go down that path, check out this thread for some discussion on the internals of how it works: forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029

Or this thread. I did it with a 144-LED strip from Amazon. Works fine. IIRC, Corsair uses a non-standard pin-out but it's just a swap of 2 colors. There are wiring diagrams in this thread as well. Keep in mind there is a limit to how many LEDs the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro can address. It used to be 72 but I think it is higher now (like 96?). You have to keep current consumption in mind if you max out the number of LEDs.

This thread has a lot of detail about SIV, which is an alternative program that can control Corsair Link products. You can use Link or SIV. The LED and wiring info is the same.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168504

• 5 months later...

i made a mistake in the first post.. the had them connected to the motherboard LOL

i tried to connect them to the output of a lightning pro strip wich is connected to the lighning pro..

i tried all cable combinations, im using single pin wires..

there arent many possibilities becasue 5v is firm.. it didnt light up at all!!!!!

maybe i need to try to connect it to the lightning node pro directly?

on my motherboard they work but like in my first post wich i siwtched up, red and green COLOR (not cable) is switched... (this is because ws2812b have rgb and ws2811 have grb colors i think)

i will try to get me ws2812B and also i will try to connect the ws2811 direrctly to the node pro without the led pro strips between..

Archived