Corsair Community

iCue has some serious flaws

davidbdeath

iCue has some serious flaws and who ever is in charge of the UX needs to do more user testing. These changes would really improve the usability of iCUE.

When using hardware profiles, If you use 'REMAP KEYSTROKE' to program a key combination and save it to the Scimitar Pro RGB, then close iQUE or have the audacity to use an OS other than windows. You will get a rapid fire effect, that is functionally unusable for common task like switching tabs in chrome, triggering task view in windows etc. I've had to resort to creating macro as a work around. Never had this problem with Razer. Why have onboard profiles if they are unusable?

Second, you have to create two macro to simulate a key/mouse output combo that gives a constant output while the button is held. One macro to initiate the press and one to release that is triggered by the second. There needs to be some mechanism to simulate a multikey/mouse output while pressed without a rapid fire effect.

Third, Hardware profiles are not usable with iCUE running if you have any software profiles. You can edit a hardware profile but the software will automatically switch you away from the profile once you click out of iCUE. This problem also affects profiles linked to programs. Lets say you are playing a game and want to edit your profile. iCUE relentlessly switches away from the game profile every time you click away from iCUE. So if you are trying to lookup the keymaping to a game and click on a web browser for example you then have to reselect the games profile to continue editing the profile. If I manually click on a profile in iCUE regardless if it's assigned to a program it should stay active until I decided otherwise.

Fourth, there should be an option for default DIY case and fan lighting. Then profiles could have the option to over ride the defaults or leave them alone. It's a pain to go in and program lighting for all of my profiles. Then again if i decided i want a different look.

I regret buying the LL fans with the light node pro and will not be buying a new corsair AIO until this is fixed.

Third, Hardware profiles are not usable with iCUE running if you have any software profiles. You can edit a hardware profile but the software will automatically switch you away from the profile once you click out of iCUE. This problem also affects profiles linked to programs. Lets say you are playing a game and want to edit your profile. iCUE relentlessly switches away from the game profile every time you click away from iCUE. So if you are trying to lookup the keymaping to a game and click on a web browser for example you then have to reselect the games profile to continue editing the profile. If I manually click on a profile in iCUE regardless if it's assigned to a program it should stay active until I decided otherwise.

You did decide otherwise when you auto-linked the application to the profile. You can't have it both ways. Either the profiles don't change when an app is active or they do. If you are disliking the automatic switching, delete your program link and try setting up some sort automatic profile loops tied your keyboard or mouse. Two or three presses to toggle into a commonly used profile may be preferable to opening up iCUE and manually selecting the desired setting.

Fourth, there should be an option for default DIY case and fan lighting. Then profiles could have the option to over ride the defaults or leave them alone. It's a pain to go in and program lighting for all of my profiles. Then again if i decided i want a different look.

And what should that be? Rainbow Spiral? LOL. Meanwhile everyone else must then go in and delete the existing lighting every time they create a new profile. You should read some of the posts in this section from the last six months as people desperately asked for this kind of thing to go away (myself included). Dark is always preferable to a rainbow hued celestial event. It takes two mouse clicks to apply a Lighting Link profile to your entire system. If that's too much or you find setting up your fan colors too tiring, then why did you select RGB fans?

c-attack In your quickness to disagree you didn't read what I wrote making your responses irrelevant. Your second response to my comment is comical at best and shows a lack of imagination and understanding. The default would be whatever you set it to be. As soon as you added lighting to a profile, it would override the global settings requiring fewer clicks than your suggestion. I'll return these fans and get ones that work with Aura Sync or use an Arduino to control my lighting, problem solved, and a company punished for inadequate software.

Archived