Corsair Community

Corsair 460x RGB Fans not lighting up

sourcetagsncode

Hey all. Putting together my first build in a couple years and my first using watercooling. I chose the 460x Crystal RGB and the H150i to do a push/pull setup, with two of the ML120 fans as intake on top, and the third as an exhaust at the rear.

Meanwhile, the radiator is mounted to the front of the 460x by way of the SP120 RGB fans that came with the case.

The ML120s are powered from the motherboard, while the SP120s are powered by the H150i. The fans are plugged into the RGB lighting controller on the back in slots 1 - 3. The SATA connector for power is plugged in.

The fans are all spinning, all three of the front ones are working just fine, minus the lack of lighting. In iCue I can set the lighting values for the CPU block and my Vengeance Pro RAM, but the fans are not affected.

Any help would seriously be appreciated!

Hi buddy....

firstly

the SP Fans are 3 pin Voltage Controlled and the Pump is a PWM only controller.. that right there is part of your problem as your fans are probably running at 100%?.

Secondly

as said,, if you are still controlling the RGB of the SP fans via the button controller then iCUE wont have any effect as the RGB Fan LED Hub is not physically connected to the motherboard...

You would need to add either a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro

More info below

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Edited by Zotty

• 5 months later...
sorry for busting in on this thread, but i have a similar problem. although all of mine runs and lights up, cannot control the speed on them. followed the link above and see that i might be in better use of a commander pro if i want to light up things and runt it via iCUE. or am i wrong?