Corsair Community

New ssd

• Corsair Employee
I am going to buy the Mp510 SSD do I use the "heatsink" that asus uses on their boards or do i leave it off?

That's really up to you. As long as it actually dissipates heat and doesn't act as an insulator, it can only help.

I am going to buy the Mp510 SSD do I use the "heatsink" that asus uses on their boards or do i leave it off?

I use the mobo NVMe heatsinks hinged onto my Aorus Master mobo for my three NVMe drives. They do an effective job of keeping the drives relatively cool. I'm sure that the same will apply to your Asus mobo.

does corsair have cloning software I can use to clone my old ssd to the new one.

There are plenty of free / trial partition managers and backup tools available for Windows, but which ones are best suited will depend on what you are attempting to do...

Non destructive migration paths for Windows...

Non system disk --> non system disk is easy and they will all do this

Non-UEFI (MBR) system disk --> Non-UEFI (MBR) system disk is also easy, but you may require a registered (or cracked) tool to do this, for example, MiniTool Partiton Manager

UEFI (GPT) system disk --> UEFI (GPT) system disk should also be straightforward with a registered tool

Non-UEFI (MBR) system disk --> UEFI (GPT) system disk can be very tricky, especially if MBR2GPT refuses to work. I managed this conversion recently via a rather convoluted procedure using TrueImage. It can be done, but not one for the inexperienced ;):

Edited by Yemble

whats is the safe temps for these drives?

My MP510 960Gb drives idle between 30C and 35C and don't get too much hotter under load. My Samsung 970 EVO+ drive runs about 10C hotter. Under stress testing, they may reach 60C, but that is an exception. Note that I do have a lot of airflow through my case and I am using the heatsinks supplied with my mobo for all three drives.

Edited by Yemble