Corsair Community

Carbide 540 Front Panel Wiring Not Long Enough

mike_j_johnson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by to mention mine also has this issue, Z77A-GD65 Gaming has the header in the middle of the board instead of the edge and the headers were about 1" too short. I was able to remedy it with some 2-pin LED extenders I had so it wasn't a big deal, fantastic case otherwise.

I just wanted to chime in for owners of MSI Z77 motherboards. Might apply to the MSI Z87s, too, not sure.

I have the Z77 MPOWER (which looks incredible in this case, btw). A lot of the MSI Z77s ATX motherboards have a similar layout. I just wanted to let people know that while the front I/O cables are too short, the USB 3.0 cable and the front audio cable are just fine for our motherboards.

I wasn't clear on exactly which cables were too short, so I bought extensions for all of them.

My unnecessary purchases and experience is your gain, folks.

Same issue here. Super frustrated, just submitted a ticket. All cables except HD Audio and USB 3.0 are too short for my MSI Z77A-GD80.

Edit: Ticket is #6117603, and had to choose a random part # since there are no parts for the Air 540 listed. Thanks!

Edited by danrlewis

Is this thread no longer being monitored? Been trying to get an answer from Corsair, the live chat doesn't even work even when you guys are "online" etc. I need this part ASAP! Thanks.

Edit: Still no response from Corsair, so went ahead and ordered NZXT front panel cable extensions instead.

Edited by danrlewis

• 4 weeks later...