The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > Motherboard Integration

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 05:15 PM

POST ID # = 1034562
Grid21 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Same for me. LEDs of my Prime Z390-A Motherboard are then blinkin red constantly and in iCUE the Vengeance RGB Pro Ram is marked with a red exclamation mark and you cant control anything. In CPU-Z the slots are empty, as if the System wouldnt see the Ram at all.
Only iCUE-restart with a Windows reboot could fix that (not always, sometimes this step has to be done several times until the Ram gets recognized again...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
It is the same and no updates.
So, does Corsair understand this is a bug that they need to fix? Or are they gonna leave us in the dark with no update or fix? I don't have the plugin installed for this very reason.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:17 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034563
momorious Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid21 View Post
So, does Corsair understand this is a bug that they need to fix? Or are they gonna leave us in the dark with no update or fix? I don't have the plugin installed for this very reason.
As always with corsair, they are VERY silent and don't respond in public, not even in an open beta project. It's all up to the users to help each other, the company itself remains silent as always.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:23 PM
KILLER_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034568
KILLER_K Reputation: 10

I would imagine they are gathering info from all of us to work on a massive update. I would rather it be slower and have more fixes than multiple releases with more issues.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2020, 04:03 AM
ForcaAereaBelka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034607
ForcaAereaBelka Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdbmario View Post
Installed this on my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I can confirm this is not working properly. The motherboard shows up but I can only control the LED on the motherboard itself (The HERO logo), my deepcool AIO, Trident Z memory and ASUS RTX 2080ti are listed but not controllable. They are listed in a darker tint and I cannot change the colors or turn them off. I deleted Asus Armory crate, restarted, deleted ASUS GPU II, restarted, Deleted ICUE, restarted and followed instructions listed to a "T" with no change. I cannot control anything beside the actual motherboard LED. This is a GREAT idea and I was very hopeful as I truly love the ICUE software. Hopefully they get this to working properly soon. Thank you
I'm getting the same issue. I have a Maximus X Hero mobo, it shows up in Icue but it is still defaulting to Asus Aura and whatever colour configuration it has set there. If I restart my PC it uses iCue lighting for a bit but iCue always crashes and it just goes back to Aura control, even when I start up iCue again. Hopefully the bugs are taken care of soon cause when it works it's truly great.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:52 PM
almostgfx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034667
almostgfx Reputation: 10

Working great for me. Will GPU's be supported soon too?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:59 PM
hughjazz44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034703
hughjazz44 Reputation: 10

Works on my Crosshair VI Hero! I didn't even know this feature was coming! I just stumbled on it at random!

Corsair, PLEASE add GPU support! This would make my life complete!!!
Old 02-10-2020, 11:02 PM

POST ID # = 1034704
Grid21 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
As always with corsair, they are VERY silent and don't respond in public, not even in an open beta project. It's all up to the users to help each other, the company itself remains silent as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
I would imagine they are gathering info from all of us to work on a massive update. I would rather it be slower and have more fixes than multiple releases with more issues.
I hope they are working on a large fix because this really is a cool feature to add to iCUE. And if they are more successful, maybe more companies will bend and follow suit.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:08 PM
KILLER_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034705
KILLER_K Reputation: 10

I have said this for ages and it finally is happening. We now have a foot in the door and the options will be endless. Hopefully, it will continue to grow and add more devices and companies. I agree with you 100%.

Quote:
I hope they are working on a large fix because this really is a cool feature to add to iCUE. And if they are more successful, maybe more companies will bend and follow suit.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:10 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034709
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
It's great that it's moving the more integrated direction between manufacturers.

But curious how come I can't control the graphics card with it? I mean I got both a ASUS motherboard and graphics card.
Only the motherboard at this time.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 02-12-2020, 01:30 PM
The Mandalorian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034844
The Mandalorian Reputation: 10

Hello, I have an Asus Z390-i Strix, the board lighting works but the RGB strip attached to the addressable RGB header the 3 pin ones do not work.

I tried installing the latest asus aura software and the lights work with aura but not iCue, I removed Aura sync because i have armory crate installed and still unable to control that RGB strip from iCue only works with armory crate... any suggestions... as its the one holdout in my build... from what i can gather the 4 pin one works just not the 3 pin one or did i miss something
Old 02-12-2020, 02:21 PM
Ch3vr0n's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034848
Ch3vr0n Reputation: 10

The strip doesn't work s because ARGB isn't supported AT ALL yet.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:33 PM
DampMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034865
DampMonkey Reputation: 10

I can confirm the Asus Prime B450 Plus motherboard works with its RGB header
Old 02-12-2020, 10:14 PM
imat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034893
imat Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmclow View Post
asus z270i works...only ram left to go :D thx for this feature!
Can you confirm you're talking of the ROG STRIX Z270-I GAMING?
I tried and couldn't make it work.
I see on your profile you mention you have the Z370-I.

Thanks

EDIT: Actually made it work with a Phanteks RGB strip plugged in too.

Last edited by imat; 02-12-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:41 PM
RadicalxEdward's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034963
RadicalxEdward Reputation: 10

I tried setting this up with the Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming and it worked flawlessly.
The motherboard is controllable (as far as the limited leds on it will allow) and the animations even look smoother than similar aura ones.

It doesn't control anything addressable obviously like my phanteks case leds but the two standard RGB headers show up (though i don't have any non-addressable stuff i can test with)

However, due to the limited control I decided to go the other way around and use Aura/Armory Crate to control the Corsair Dominator ram rather than have iCUE control the mobo so that I could have everything sync. Aura integration isn't a beta feature according to Corsair support, but they say you have to enable "SPD Write" in bios which doesn't seem to be a common option on motherboards anymore and would require patching the BIOS with a hex editor in exactly the right spot.

has anyone else tried this method of Aura/Corsair integration and gotten the RAM to show up in Aura?
Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034977
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalxEdward View Post
I tried setting this up with the Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming and it worked flawlessly.
The motherboard is controllable (as far as the limited leds on it will allow) and the animations even look smoother than similar aura ones.

It doesn't control anything addressable obviously like my phanteks case leds but the two standard RGB headers show up (though i don't have any non-addressable stuff i can test with)

However, due to the limited control I decided to go the other way around and use Aura/Armory Crate to control the Corsair Dominator ram rather than have iCUE control the mobo so that I could have everything sync. Aura integration isn't a beta feature according to Corsair support, but they say you have to enable "SPD Write" in bios which doesn't seem to be a common option on motherboards anymore and would require patching the BIOS with a hex editor in exactly the right spot.

has anyone else tried this method of Aura/Corsair integration and gotten the RAM to show up in Aura?
If SPD Write is disabled, iCUE won't be able to control the RAM either.
This was an option in earlier (z170/z270 motherboards) but now seems to be both enabled and hidden these days.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Closed Thread