The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016949
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

No, find 3.18.77 somewhere. There are some substantial differences between where we are now and 3.12.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:37 PM
TorchCad30's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016994
TorchCad30 Reputation: 10

Hello, got issues with last update release iCUE 3.19.120 don't want to load at all. Did a clean reinstall and still the same way nothing loads up. I didn't have any issues before this release.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:21 PM

POST ID # = 1017000
SirLagalot Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
No, find 3.18.77 somewhere. There are some substantial differences between where we are now and 3.12.
Unfortunately it seems all of the "legit" download sites only have 3.19 available. Since we're getting no help from Corsair here I just uninstalled the software and went back to LINK to control the water cooler and will just do without iCue until there is a resolution.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:26 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017002
momorious Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLagalot View Post
Unfortunately it seems all of the "legit" download sites only have 3.19 available. Since we're getting no help from Corsair here I just uninstalled the software and went back to LINK to control the water cooler and will just do without iCue until there is a resolution.
well, seems you have to wait AT LEAST for 3.20 at the end of september then as it doesnt look like they will release a hotfix. Maybe even til Christmas or Easter or next summer....
Old 09-05-2019, 02:32 PM
thestu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017004
thestu Reputation: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLagalot View Post
All previous versions are available to download from Corsair's website. The links are not in the download section.

Just replace the version number in the URL:

3.19.120: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...20_release.msi
3.18.77: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...77_release.msi
3.17.97: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...94_release.msi

Last edited by thestu; 09-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1017019
Greybeard Reputation: 30

Quick update guys.First off, I'd like to thank you for sharing all your feedback on this version of iCUE. I've gathered all the necessary information that you guys have provided and shared them with James and our software team. Again, I apologize if this new version has caused some inconvenience to some of you guys.

I've been told that they were able to reproduce the FPS drop and found the root cause. We've come up with a solution and is currently in the process of implementing on the next update. Release date is still tbd, but since we've made it top priority, my guess will be a lot sooner than we had it planned out. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more info.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Talon1
Talon1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017029
Talon1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestu View Post
I don't know if it's related, but I noticed that one of my CPU core was running close to 100% and it was hardware interrupts, not a process.

I ran Latency Monitor and it was showing high latency with NVIDIA driver and HD audio.

I tried updating all drivers, downgrading, even BIOS update/downgrade.

I didn't think it could be iCUE, but I uninstalled it, rebooted and no more hardware interrupts taking one core of my CPU.

Now Latmon no longer shows latency issue with Nvidia drivers and audio.
Same for me. I also ran Latency Monitor. As a last ditch effort I uninstalled icue to see if it would help and the system interrupts returned to normal. Went back to 3.16.56 and all`s well.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:07 PM
rascaluk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017040
rascaluk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Quick update guys.First off, I'd like to thank you for sharing all your feedback on this version of iCUE. I've gathered all the necessary information that you guys have provided and shared them with James and our software team. Again, I apologize if this new version has caused some inconvenience to some of you guys.

I've been told that they were able to reproduce the FPS drop and found the root cause. We've come up with a solution and is currently in the process of implementing on the next update. Release date is still tbd, but since we've made it top priority, my guess will be a lot sooner than we had it planned out. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more info.
Thanks Greybeard. On the one hand it's good to know you're making progress. On the other hand, it's surprising this sort of issue can make it through internal and beta testing before wider release.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:08 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017041
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Question - do folks have iCUE configured to not use GSync in the Nvidia Control Panel?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Last edited by DevBiker; 09-05-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 PM

POST ID # = 1017042
GS1981 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Thank you for the update :)
Old 09-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Raimo5's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017054
Raimo5 Reputation: 10

Serious performance loss by hardware interrupts here too. That software keeps getting worse by the release.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:29 AM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017071
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Question - do folks have iCUE configured to not use GSync in the Nvidia Control Panel?
I just checked and I don't have ICUE in the list of installed programs within the NVIDIA applet. (Should I add it?) Can I assume that it will take my global defaults (which does have G-SYNC enabled) BUT I only have G-SYNC set for full screen applications.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:02 AM
leeuk13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017101
leeuk13 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Thanks you for confirming there is an issue Greybeard. I have also experienced massive amounts of stutter with the most recent iCU update, making my games unplayable. I’m running the below system specs with lots of Corsair extras. Hopefully you can release an update in the new few days to fix this as I play most of my games using the number pad on my Scimitar Pro.

Whilst we all wait for this to be fixed, should I revert back to the previous version of iCUE. If so, how do I do that? I’m afraid of loosing my profiles and lighting effects.

Thanks.

Case - InWin101
CPU - Intel® Core™ i7 - 8700k (OC to 4.8GHz)
Motherboard - ASUS® TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
RAM - 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE PRO RGB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU - 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti
Cooling - Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Series
Monitor - 27" Dell S2716DG
Webcam - Logitech C920 Pro
Mouse - Corsair Scimitar Pro
Mouse Pad - Corsair MM800C
Headset - Corsair Void Pro
Headset Stand - Corsair ST100
Keyboard - Corsair Strafe
Speakers - Logitech Z150
Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017102
momorious Reputation: 12

Yes of course you should go back to 3.18 because it will only be fixed at the end of this month with version 3.20. So if you don't want a 3 week pause of gaming then yes, you should downgrade with the risk of losing your profiles and settings (like happened to me)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 AM
leeuk13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017104
leeuk13 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Yes of course you should go back to 3.18 because it will only be fixed at the end of this month with version 3.20. So if you don't want a 3 week pause of gaming then yes, you should downgrade with the risk of losing your profiles and settings (like happened to me)
Ok, then that is what I will do. I’m just not sure how? Can you tell me how to get back to the previous version or where to download it from?

Thanks for your help!