The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 AM

POST ID # = 892056
Sephe Reputation: 10
Question Has the K95 Platinum a new LED controller?

And by "a new" i mean one thats new with the k95 platinum, not the one used in strafe rgb and k70 rapidfire. As many threads here are about the flicker issue (Not the 512 vs 16,7m flicker) in those, id be really glad if someone knows if the k95 got an update that prevents it.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:23 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 892078
terabyte Reputation: 73

No, the LED controller is the same as far as I know. And I haven't noticed any flicker either on my K95 Platinum.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:49 PM

POST ID # = 892090

Mh, its definitely there on some models. After intensly checking review videos, i could see it on some of those too - i just want to make sure that i dont get... that.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:47 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 892100
terabyte Reputation: 73

Videos are not a good way to check for it imo. Depending on how the video was filmed there could be non-existent flicker, I tried it myself a while ago and while the video was showing flicker issues looking at the keyboard directly had no such problem.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM

POST ID # = 892102

Thats not caused by Cameras, thats caused by your eye (more like, most peoples eyes). Many people simply dont notice it. However, this isnt about a PWM flicker with <50 hz, its about random keys lighting up for a quick moment... which is quite annoying. Some guys filmed it, just look into the other threads. :)

Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 AM

POST ID # = 892192
Oxides Reputation: 10

The flicker on the new keyboards is caused by USB packet loss. It might only be affecting certain USB chip sets and maybe not everyones eyes can notice it.

Static color schemes are now downloaded to the keyboard on the platinum, but animations are still being run by CUE, which means the USB packet losses will still cause the flicker.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:11 PM

POST ID # = 892218

Im wondering why that only affects Corsairs RGB boards though. However, when i checked logs there wasnt really a package loss appearent - maybe just looking for the wrong statement there - however, i noticed it in some reviews as i said, but i guess many people dont (Till i got the board, saw it live and searched in the video for it, i didnt saw it either). Mhhh

Old 02-22-2017, 02:38 AM

POST ID # = 892268
Oxides Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephe View Post
Im wondering why that only affects Corsairs RGB boards though.
Can other boards even do programmable animations like Corsair? I thought they were just capeable of a few pre-programmed patterns stored on their keyboards hardware.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:13 AM

POST ID # = 892278

CUE is quite mighty in how it lets you program animations, but yes, others can do it too. Logitechs LED controller sucks and cant really do values under 50 (rgb), but complex stuff isnt a issue. Razer also has a site for sharing profiles, like corsair, however doing complex stuff is quite hard there.

But i dont want to do commercials for others - i love the corsair boards and really dislike that i cant really use it, because the flicker driving me nuts when doing anything containing animations. Im Currently thinking about getting an non rgb rapidfire just because of that.