The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Wicz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821888
Wicz Reputation: 10

Oh wow, I've just ordered a K65 RGB and while the flickering probably won't bother me, my girlfriend suffers from epilepsy and it will very likely not be suitable for her. Does the flickering only happen in a certain colour mode or does it flicker all the time?

I have read several reviews and none of them mentioned anything about flickering.

Last edited by Wicz; 11-24-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821900
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicz View Post
Oh wow, I've just ordered a K65 RGB and while the flickering probably won't bother me, my girlfriend suffers from epilepsy and it will very likely not be suitable for her. Does the flickering only happen in a certain colour mode or does it flicker all the time?

I have read several reviews and none of them mentioned anything about flickering.
There is a setting named "Enable 16,8m colors mode" under the SETTINGS tab in CUE, as long as you leave that disabled for your girlfriend there won't be any flicker

Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821901

Or the Strafe RGB has a new LED controller which fixes the flicker, but it's not TKL.

EDIT: ops, I made a double post. I thought I was editing

Old 11-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Wicz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821920
Wicz Reputation: 10

Thanks for the replies terabyte!

I've just read a little more and it seems, as you say, that if I ignore the 16.8 million colour mode I won't see the problem, I will see what the GF has to say and go from there.

I am still puzzled as to why the reviewers didn't pick up on this.

Last edited by Wicz; 11-24-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821931

The issue come out quite a bit after the release of the keyboards, and usually only a few site go back and update reviews once they're published.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:22 PM

POST ID # = 822673
k95rgbuser Reputation: 10
Default Flickering

I just received a k95 rgb keyboard and I am experiencing the flickering problem with the leds when the 16.8m colours options is selected. After reading this thread my understanding is that it is a limitation with the hardware and not software. The new strafe keyboards have a new controller to solve the flickering problem.

Are there plans to update the k95 rgb (or any of the other rgb keyboards) to include the new controller that is capable of processing the 16.8m colours as described on the box? If so, when will the new model be released?
I am considering sending the keyboard back as a product that was this expensive should not have an problems doing the job it was designed for.

If not, what are some other alternatives for the k95 that don't suffer from flickering problems?

Thanks.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822705

Quote:
Originally Posted by k95rgbuser View Post
I just received a k95 rgb keyboard and I am experiencing the flickering problem with the leds when the 16.8m colours options is selected. After reading this thread my understanding is that it is a limitation with the hardware and not software. The new strafe keyboards have a new controller to solve the flickering problem.

Are there plans to update the k95 rgb (or any of the other rgb keyboards) to include the new controller that is capable of processing the 16.8m colours as described on the box? If so, when will the new model be released?
I am considering sending the keyboard back as a product that was this expensive should not have an problems doing the job it was designed for.

If not, what are some other alternatives for the k95 that don't suffer from flickering problems?

Thanks.
Most likely they are already working on it but Corsair employees are forbidden from talking about unreleased products. My guess is that we'll see something for CES 2016.

The only alternative for flickering right now is the Strafe RGB which doesn't have a GX macro keys version.

Last edited by terabyte; 11-29-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Old 11-29-2015, 09:19 AM

POST ID # = 822713
k95rgbuser Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
Most likely they are already working on it but Coirsair employees are forbidden from talking about unreleased products. My guess is that we'll see something for CES 2016.

The only alternative for flickering right now is the Strafe RGB which doesn't have a GX macro keys version.
Thanks. Looks like I might be sending this one back and waiting another month or so :(

Old 11-30-2015, 06:32 AM

POST ID # = 822821
Oxides Reputation: 10

Quote:
Most likely they are already working on it but Corsair employees are forbidden from talking about unreleased products. My guess is that we'll see something for CES 2016.
I doubt this is the case. There have been multiple postings by Corsair XXXX names vehemently denying this. No revisions, updates, or more development on the K series.

I think the only hope is when the K series reaches end of life years from now and they need to replace it. How many years was the K-nonrgb line on the market? Add that to 2014 (k-rgb release date) is a good estimate?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:56 AM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822862
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxides View Post
I doubt this is the case. There have been multiple postings by Corsair XXXX names vehemently denying this. No revisions, updates, or more development on the K series.
That's not entirely true. I believe it was said that the EXISTING series isn't going to get any updates, etc. That doesn't mean there isn't new products that will work differently.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:09 PM

POST ID # = 823132
Oxides Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
That's not entirely true. I believe it was said that the EXISTING series isn't going to get any updates, etc. That doesn't mean there isn't new products that will work differently.
I wasn't very clear, thats what i meant by the 2nd paragraph. We're going to have to wait for a new product line.

BTW i love your PS reviews.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM

POST ID # = 825781
BinaryJay Reputation: 10

I recently purchased a factory refurbished K70 RGB and was concerned about what I would get with the 16.8M color setting but I don't notice any flickering with mine when it's enabled. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Is there something I'm missing here... or is there some off chance that refurbished models have actually had their guts updated?

Last edited by BinaryJay; 12-15-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 825805
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryJay View Post
I recently purchased a factory refurbished K70 RGB and was concerned about what I would get with the 16.8M color setting but I don't notice any flickering with mine when it's enabled. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Is there something I'm missing here... or is there some off chance that refurbished models have actually had their guts updated?
No, the guts haven't been updated. Some people just don't notice the flickering.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 825889

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryJay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
No, the guts haven't been updated. Some people just don't notice the flickering.
It also depends on the effects and colors you use, for example I believe I remember reading that the green color is the one that shows the worst flicker.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 828820
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

Quote:
It also depends on the effects and colors you use, for example I believe I remember reading that the green color is the one that shows the worst flicker.
Well, you also have to have animations going to see the flicker. Static profiles do not show flicker on the KXX boards--or at least I don't notice either of my K95s flickering with a static profile