Corsair Community

Macro error

reaganjemson

Hi,

I want to set up a macro where if i hold space it will spam it in games.

I've tried to record the macro and set it to the space key however, the macro i assume is not running and my space key doesn't register.

I assume the macro is not running because when I try to use the 'retain original output' setting the space registers however, the macro doesn't execute the recorded action.

Many thanks,

Reagan

• 1 month later...

Retain original output shouldn't be the cause of your problems

1. Go to Actions and create new action by pressing "+" on the Action List

2. Go to the Macro editor to enter the macro

• Insert new action button, Select Event: Keyboard Event, Event Type: Keystroke, type key "I"

• Insert new action button, Select Event: Keyboard Event, Event Type: Keystroke, type key "T"

• Insert new action button, Select Event: Keyboard Event, Event Type: Keystroke, type key "."

3. Go to Advanced Settings:

• Action Trigger: While Pressed

• Action Repeat: Repeat Constantly

• Repeat Delay: 2 ms

• Retain original key output: Either checked or not. Checked as you like

4. Rename macro as you like by double clicking it in Action list: Spam it

5. While the Macro is highlighted yellow, assign it to the spacebar by left clicking the spacebar

The macro will run while you are holding down the spacebar and will be interrupted when you stop pressing spacebar.

Unfortunately it will be interrupted, and I don't think there is any way to ensure the macro runs to completion. There used to be in CUE 1 I think, but they've improved it with CUE 2 and ICUE in 2018 so that you can't now (Christmas Surprise!). This means that you do NOT want to record your macro spam with or enter key press/key release events or mouse press/mouse release events in your macro, or you can and you will, raise the key when your macro is between a press and release event and the key will stay in the locked down position.

Here's it.it.it.it.it.it.it.it.i (<-forgot to deactivate spacebar Spamit, dam*it) a picture of me using Spamit in Notepad a few times.

HQf9xbU.jpg

To deactivate the macro from the spacebar you have to select the action and left click the space bar again.

Archived