Corsair Community

H115i pro comparable cases

Gooferman609

Hello everyone my wife for Christmas bought me a H115i pro, it will not fit in my current case Carbide 400R, and I was wondering if Corsair makes a mod sized case that will accommodate the cooler, my mobo (Asus Strix Z370-H), and has at least 1 optical drive bay? If not mid a full size tower is ok.

Thanks!

Edited by Gooferman609

Oh boy... We can find a you mid-size to fit a 280mm radiator, but the optical drive is a serious whammy. That thing is essentially extinct. Most cases that can do both are going to be several years old and on the larger side. Examples would be the 750D, 760T, 780T. Your options (across all brands) will open up dramatically if you can find another solution for the 5.25.

I'm getting over the idea of an optical drive, I also don't want to front mount the H115i I would like to mount it on the top. I have been looking at the t220 but it looks tight, also the 460x but it doesn't say it's compatible. I like a good amount of airflow that's why I have a 400r full of 140mm fans.

I don't recommend the 280mm for the 220T, 460x, or 465x. They all have the same two problems from your perspective. 1) They are skinny with a shallow top. This has become very common in the mid-size tower category. You can't put a 280mm up top and even a 240 can be iffy. The radiator-fan sandwich comes down too far, collides with RAM or VRM heatsinks, and even in a best case scenario looks "top heavy" and unbalanced. 2) They can take the 280mm in the front slot, but these cases were all designed for 120mm front fans. I do not think you should rule out front mounting entirely. It makes more sense for many cases, hardware dependent. Decide this on a case by case basis.

Without the optical, some newer cases open up across different styles. However,, except for the 275R, I believe most of these will be slightly larger in one or more dimensions that what you currently have. I am not sure where the limitation lies. Those extra 20mm width on the radiator somewhat dictate a slightly wider profile front and top and usually you get dimensions to match. There are very few small cases that deal in 140mm radiator sizes.

275R

678C

500D SE

680X

Spec/Omega series