Corsair Community

QVL Question

maderas

I'm putting together a new build soon and was planning to buy a 2x8 GB Vengeance LPX kit available from a local retailer. The plan is to pair with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E motherboard. The kit seems to be listed on ASUS' QVL list.

U7hC3Qe.png

Searching the mobo on Corsair's memory finder page tells a different story, though. The only LPX kits I can find listed there are all 3000mhz or white/cool grey versions, not the default black I can pick up locally. The only 3200mhz LPX kit listed on the memory finder is this one here, which also seems to be on the mobo's QVL list but is marketed for Ryzen CPUs and isn't available locally.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this RAM kit will function properly with XMP on the Z490-E? This will be the first build that I actually use XMP instead of just leaving the RAM at default values, so I'd like to make sure everything goes smoothly. Should I just buy a different kit online?

Edited by maderas

It's really the MB manufacturer's QVL that matters, mostly in terms of the support you receive (or do not). If you get into a situation where things are acting strange and you are trying to pin it down to a particular component, there are too many stories about people being denied service for board problems because "your RAM is not on the QVL".

That said, the RAM kit listed above does appear to match the Vengeance Kit linked at BB. Regardless of whether it's on the QVL or not, I would pretty stunned if any Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200 kit did not work on the Z490.