Corsair Community

iCUE Causing Major Performance Issues

K01D57331

iCUE is eating up so many resources. It is crazy how unstable it makes my system when it is reaching it's max performance, how much more energy it uses when idling, will not let CPU go into idle, instead of helping with performance it actually hinders it and some other issues.

This is on a clean install of Windows10.

What a joke. I have over $400 invested in LL120, LL140 fans and all the nodes that are needed to run them to only be stuck using hardware profiles since I will not let iCUE be installed on my PC any longer due to the fact it is a poorly written piece of software.

I have software support disabled for RAM and have tried everything else but this issues always pops up.

I am not using any other monitoring software at the time.

Nothing else is wrong with my system.

Many other similair reports on Reddit.

iCUE is actually using 80%+ of CPU #3 with a high of 95%

Crazy and for the kicker...

CPU Power with iCUE not running and at idle Package: 8.6 - 10W

IA Cores 21.23W

With iCUE Package: 28 - 36W

IA Cores 21W - 35W

Nuts...

I am out of my return period so are there any other options that Corsair can give me?

4mzuuofm2w141.thumb.png.2029c4544057305526c09b009218ae20.png

sbiz3cto2w141.thumb.png.20f5a50b03fb357e9242e21ec3b4a4c7.png

The power usage is normal considering you have one core locked at near maximum. We have seen this before, specifically in one past version of iCUE. Most reports are generated from that time and usually do revolve around the the RAM RGB management. With software controlled lighting disabled, it should not do this. Probably should not do it with software control enabled, but that is another discussion. The other times this pops up, it is usually related to a bad install.

Since you currently have no iCUE installed, try re-installing 3.23 that was just released. Before you do that, go to your C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming folder and see if the Corsair folder is still in that directory. If so, cut and paste it to the desktop. That is all your prior iCUE settings. When you launch the program, it will re-create those items at the default settings. Turn off RAM software control. Add a preset lighting pattern for the fans and pull up the expanded Task Manager Performance tab to see all your cores (I am assuming this is a 9900-variant). How is core usage now? In the expanded form, you should be able to see the 8 physical and 8 virtual cores (right-click the normal graph).

If CPU usage is still high, there could be an issue with something else trying to access the RAM. Are there any other capable programs on your system? Mystic Light or whatever MSI's new multi-lighting program is called?

There is nothing else trying to access memory. This is on a clean install and the only thing that is installed in system is iCUE. I created a USB Windows10 boot drive just to test this.

iCUE is a joke and I am moving away from Corsair products. Same behavior in my system and daughter's system.

I can use Mystic Light with no issues but then I do not have all the RGB functions that I was expecting when I dumped all this money into Corsair products.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Even with software control unchecked, the system is so unstable with iCUE installed when it is being pushed to it's max. iCUE enabled products are suppose to help keep system temps down for a more stable system but in fact it is doing the opposite.

The power usage is normal considering you have one core locked at near maximum. We have seen this before, specifically in one past version of iCUE. Most reports are generated from that time and usually do revolve around the the RAM RGB management. With software controlled lighting disabled, it should not do this. Probably should not do it with software control enabled, but that is another discussion. The other times this pops up, it is usually related to a bad install.

Since you currently have no iCUE installed, try re-installing 3.23 that was just released. Before you do that, go to your C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming folder and see if the Corsair folder is still in that directory. If so, cut and paste it to the desktop. That is all your prior iCUE settings. When you launch the program, it will re-create those items at the default settings. Turn off RAM software control. Add a preset lighting pattern for the fans and pull up the expanded Task Manager Performance tab to see all your cores (I am assuming this is a 9900-variant). How is core usage now? In the expanded form, you should be able to see the 8 physical and 8 virtual cores (right-click the normal graph).

If CPU usage is still high, there could be an issue with something else trying to access the RAM. Are there any other capable programs on your system? Mystic Light or whatever MSI's new multi-lighting program is called?