Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D - 8x 120mm Fan Tray?

Cairnexus

Greetings all!

I had purchased a Obsidian 1000D about a month ago and these tray's on the site haven't been in stock SKU CC-8900160.

Can anyone let me know the last time they were in stock? Seems like a bit of a wait for a piece of metal. Also if anyone is interested in getting rid of a used one I would happily pay shipping and the full price for one at this time so I can finish this build out.

Thanks!

Link to item: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-8x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900160

P.S I also tried other regions and its out of stock everywhere I could find and doesn't exist at other retailers per the link on the site.

I'm in the same boat as you, I been looking all over for one and even tried to get a place in Australia to ship me one since they were the only ones that had one in stock. Some sites were telling me to expect them in stock around the end of the month or beginning of next.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to supply an update here. Support finally got back to me after a few days and in short they said they also have no clue when it will be in stock. I managed to find a 3D printed version online of the tray that might work so I might go down that path if it doesn't come in stock over the new few days. I still personally think this is a bit ridiculous for such a simple/cheap part but hey, opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a 28" tall, 12" wide, 65 pound, $500 case.

They aren't flying off the shelves.

The fact that Corsair can't keep up with the relatively small parts demand is quite concerning...

I beg to differ,,

I run a Discord server that's fairly busy and we get asked about 1000D fan trays often.. from people all over the world. i think the volume of 1000D's sold has been much larger than anticipated.

I beg to differ,,

I run a Discord server that's fairly busy and we get asked about 1000D fan trays often.. from people all over the world. i think the volume of 1000D's sold has been much larger than anticipated.

Wow... I guess that is both good, and bad, news.

Good that it is selling like that - bad that parts are so hard to come by...

An option is to remove the top tray, rails, and the rear bracket holding the rail. Then to fabricate your own tray and brackets to hold it up there. That allows the top radiator and fans to be mounted a little higher.

Its possible to temporarily remove the front bracket that was holding the top fan rails so that you can remove the screws holding the glass/aluminum top on. Then to refit the front bracket. You need four really short M4 screws, 6mm cup head sort of works, it seems with recessed head they need to be shorter than 6mm, to hold the glass to the aluminum top. Then the top can just sit there.

Another possible hack instead of fabricating a fan tray and brackets is:

With the top now removable you can drill some holes to hold the top radiator(s) up there with cup head bolts to suit your radiator. If you run 2 480mm radiators in the top then (if you are not fabricating a fan tray and brackets) you would have to use a strip of sheet metal that is drilled for holes where the radiators are adjacent to each other, as these radiator/fan holes do not line up with the metal in the top of case. This sheet metal strip down the middle of the top 2 radiators prevents installing the top filter, since its sitting on the top of the case where the top filter would normally go. It looks like it may be difficult to insert the bolts through the strip down the centre of the 2 radiators into the radiators, as the case that is holding the strip up is in the way of the bolts. The case is also in the way of the bolts on the ends of the radiator. I'm not saying this hack is a good idea, I'm just letting you know as a cheap option. I guess I don't really like this jerry rigged hack much actually, but it would look really neat anyway in the finished build. You need to be very careful with the lengths of the bolts using this kind of hack, as you don't want to damage the radiator inserting bolts the wrong length.

Edited by gienah
spelling

Wow... I guess that is both good, and bad, news.

Good that it is selling like that - bad that parts are so hard to come by...

Its honestly just this part from what I've seen at least for this case specifically. I don't see any other parts really out of stock on the site (I guess the 4x 120mm tray it out currently). I'm hoping its just a high demand issue vs a lack of interest in making them going forward. Zotty's discord has given me the impression its simple high demand as I can attest the server was pretty active last time I was in there.

An option is to remove the top tray, rails, and the rear bracket holding the rail. Then to fabricate your own tray and brackets to hold it up there. That allows the top radiator and fans to be mounted a little higher.

Its possible to temporarily remove the front bracket that was holding the top fan rails so that you can remove the screws holding the glass/aluminum top on. Then to refit the front bracket. You need four really short M4 screws, 6mm cup head sort of works, it seems with recessed head they need to be shorter than 6mm, to hold the glass to the aluminum top. Then the top can just sit there.

Another possible hack instead of fabricating a fan tray and brackets is:

With the top now removable you can drill some holes to hold the top radiator(s) up there with cup head bolts to suit your radiator. If you run 2 480mm radiators in the top then (if you are not fabricating a fan tray and brackets) you would have to use a strip of sheet metal that is drilled for holes where the radiators are adjacent to each other, as these radiator/fan holes do not line up with the metal in the top of case. This sheet metal strip down the middle of the top 2 radiators prevents installing the top filter, since its sitting on the top of the case where the top filter would normally go. It looks like it may be difficult to insert the bolts through the strip down the centre of the 2 radiators into the radiators, as the case that is holding the strip up is in the way of the bolts. The case is also in the way of the bolts on the ends of the radiator. I'm not saying this hack is a good idea, I'm just letting you know as a cheap option. I guess I don't really like this jerry rigged hack much actually, but it would look really neat anyway in the finished build. You need to be very careful with the lengths of the bolts using this kind of hack, as you don't want to damage the radiator inserting bolts the wrong length.

Hey appreciate you taking the time to get some solutions out there. I did think about doing something custom myself but for the cost of the part I just couldn't figure out anything that would be time effective (work is killing me right now). I did find some 3D printer molds to assemble a tray which wouldn't cost too much and it would slide into the stock railing. I'm going to give it another week or two before I figure something out on my own. I'll keep some of these suggestions handy if it comes to that.

Its honestly just this part from what I've seen at least for this case specifically. I don't see any other parts really out of stock on the site (I guess the 4x 120mm tray it out currently). I'm hoping its just a high demand issue vs a lack of interest in making them going forward. Zotty's discord has given me the impression its simple high demand as I can attest the server was pretty active last time I was in there.

And the vertical GPU bracket.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still in search of an 8x 120mm fan tray for the 1000d. I asked for an update via support again and they advised they are still not in stock and no ETA available.

Support is now suggesting the 3D model I mentioned previously in this thread. The reason I didn't go along with the 3D model is it requires about 90 screws to put together and I don't feel like making that effort as of yet.

If anyone is selling a tray I'm willing to pay $50 + shipping within the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no hope for a fan tray, Corsair pretty much said there isn’t a large market for 1000d. If you plan on going double 120mm trays I recommend passing on this case entirely.

P.S still willing to pay for a used one $50

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, just registered here but have been lurking and appreciate all the info as I just purchased the 1000d and all the parts for my new build. Today i called corsair while i had about 2k worth of stuff in my cart and asked them for the 4x1 120mm top trays that are out of stock (along with all the other trays). The rep checked warehouses outside of the US and placed an order to have it shipped to me from there. If you are still struggling finding these trays call them up and ask if they can check warehouses outside the US and have it shipped

Thanks for the info dude.. will be sure to pass this on to others in need....

Thank you for your guide on RGB lighting I would have never figured that out lol.

Update It will be arriving this Monday, pretty fast shipping from Hong Kong!

They sent me the tracking number this AM, it was shipped yesterday!

I should have all of my parts for my new build by Friday so I can do the build on Saturday. Its been a while since I have done a build myself hopefully it goes smooth!

I'm in the same boat as you, I been looking all over for one and even tried to get a place in Australia to ship me one since they were the only ones that had one in stock. Some sites were telling me to expect them in stock around the end of the month or beginning of next.

How did you go getting the place in Australia to ship you one? I'm in Australia and happy to help if you're still stuck. PM me if you want to take it further.

Hey guys i managed to get a hold of the fan tray today, emailing corsair support doesn't work but if you call them it will.

Call the free-phone number listed on the site via skype, and ask them to check the stock of the part in warehouses outside the united states, if there are any (at the moment there are some in taiwan), they will create a support ticket and email it to you.

Following that you will be asked to get a photo of the serial number from the barcode sticker on the back of your case, and the shipping address to send it to, it took a little under a day for them to get back to me but my fan tray is now going to be dispatched to me soon.

• Like 1