Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

Hi Zotty,

Is there any guide I can follow to go deeper into iCue's RGB custom effects?

I'd like to create something more complex (for example an effect based on "Arc" but with 4 colors instead of 2), but I can't figure out how the software works.

Thanks.

Baio

Hey Zotty, did you read that? ;):

Baio

sorry man.. didnt spot it.. but Dev answered it for you :)

Never mind... I’m still searching.

The link provided by Dev is interesting but the author is particularly focused on keyboards... I’m trying to understand better how fan’s effects work.

Baio

Edited by Baio

so.. by looks of it.. fan 3 is maybe faulty.......

You hadn't realised that you had to set up whats connected to the boxes with iCue. So after doing that everything lights up. It's just the syncing between the 6 fans and the 2 AIO fans.

I have 6 fans plugged into one LED hub and connected to port 1 on commander pro, an two fans connected to second LED hub on port 2 of commander pro. The RGB strips go from port one on node pro.

Edited by swarfega

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I am have lots of issues with my current setup, I have 3 ll120 fans connected to my h150i AIO, they are connected to 3 ports on my Corsair LED fan hub, I have another 3 fans on my case, all 6 are the same fans and connected to the LED hub, I have 3, the case fans, connected to my Commander pro and the other 3 connected directly to the supplied connectors of the H150i, But when in action the colours of the 6 fans seem to spas out, has anyone experienced this or know any way to fix it?

Do I need hubs? one for the case fans and 1 for the AIO fans?

Hello, I have problem with my LL120 on 280x. I lost RGB control. Its runs but no reaction in iCue. Hub and Lighting Node pro connected corectlly, but power cable connected to MB via splitter. I had 3 days control and now it is off. Please help me. Edited by Kapiton

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I hope you are all well and healthy!

I would appreciate your opinion on the following matter...

My setup has 13LL120-140s, 1 H115i rob platinum (with 2ML fans) and 3 rgb hubs and 2 commander pros.

Having gone through Zottys diagrams, devbikers guides, lists of mAh per led per fan etc I came to the following conclusions...

1. Each LL120 draws max 3.6w from 12v rail plus max 3.2w for its led lights from the 5v rail, total max 6.8w per fan

2. H115I rgb platinum draws 5w both ml fans from 12v rail plus 2w for both ML RGB lights from 5v rail plus 6w for the pump from the 12v rail plus 3.2w for the pump lights from the 5v rail, total of 17w.

Questions:

1. Are my calculations correct about the max wattage drawn per fan and especially for the H115I RGB PLATINUM?

2. I use 2 sata cables (4 connectors each) to power all that stuff from my Corsair AX1000 PSU!

Each Corsair sata cable is 18awg and the distribution (assuming my calculations are correct) is the following:

Sata cable #1:

2 RGB HUBS, 1 COMMANDER PRO and 55w total draw (26w on 5v line and 29w at 12v line)

Sata cable #2:

1 rgb hub, 1 commander pro, h115i rgb platinum power and 51w total draw (32w on 5v line and 18w on 12v line)

So, should I split these loads to more sata cables than 2 or I am well within the specs (whatever these specs are... I think 10A per for each 18awg wire but not sure!)???

Thanks a lot for your time and overall assistance through your posts!

Hello guys, I hope you are all well and healthy!

I would appreciate your opinion on the following matter...

My setup has 13LL120-140s, 1 H115i rob platinum (with 2ML fans) and 3 rgb hubs and 2 commander pros.

Having gone through Zottys diagrams, devbikers guides, lists of mAh per led per fan etc I came to the following conclusions...

1. Each LL120 draws max 3.6w from 12v rail plus max 3.2w for its led lights from the 5v rail, total max 6.8w per fan

2. H115I rgb platinum draws 5w both ml fans from 12v rail plus 2w for both ML RGB lights from 5v rail plus 6w for the pump from the 12v rail plus 3.2w for the pump lights from the 5v rail, total of 17w.

Questions:

1. Are my calculations correct about the max wattage drawn per fan and especially for the H115I RGB PLATINUM?

2. I use 2 sata cables (4 connectors each) to power all that stuff from my Corsair AX1000 PSU!

Each Corsair sata cable is 18awg and the distribution (assuming my calculations are correct) is the following:

Sata cable #1:

2 RGB HUBS, 1 COMMANDER PRO and 55w total draw (26w on 5v line and 29w at 12v line)

Sata cable #2:

1 rgb hub, 1 commander pro, h115i rgb platinum power and 51w total draw (32w on 5v line and 18w on 12v line)

So, should I split these loads to more sata cables than 2 or I am well within the specs (whatever these specs are... I think 10A per for each 18awg wire but not sure!)???

Thanks a lot for your time and overall assistance through your posts!

You're good. As long as you don't exceed 4.5A on any single rail (3.3V/5V/12V) on any single connector, you'll be fine. The wattage, of course, varies by which rail.

• Confused 1

You're good. As long as you don't exceed 4.5A on any single rail (3.3V/5V/12V) on any single connector, you'll be fine. The wattage, of course, varies by which rail.

Thank you for your answer... just a minor but important clarification if you don’t mind...

By the phrase “any single connector” I suppose you refer to each of the four connectors of my sata cable (AX1000 PSU) and not to the 6 pin connector at the end of the sata cable that is connected to the PSU, which in my case has 32w = 6.4A on the 5v rail total load (from all connectors).

This config is ok if I understood well, correct?

Again, thanks a lot for the whole support!

Thank you for your answer... just a minor but important clarification if you don’t mind...

By the phrase “any single connector” I suppose you refer to each of the four connectors of my sata cable (AX1000 PSU) and not to the 6 pin connector at the end of the sata cable that is connected to the PSU, which in my case has 32w = 6.4A on the 5v rail total load (from all connectors).

This config is ok if I understood well, correct?

Again, thanks a lot for the whole support!

That's right ... any single SATA connector on the line.

Hi.

I have 680x & 1x RGB FAN HUB & 1x NODE CORE

i want to install in my Case :

h100I SE @ top

and additionally 6 LL Fan´s

then I want to control all 8 fans via icue (rgb and pwm) ?

how do I connect everything ?

what parts do i need?

my board has only 2 USB ports (MSI x570 Edge Wifi)

Greetz from Germany

Kevin

Edited by KevinCore

The 680X comes with a Lighting Node Pro - small using with 2 3-pin headers (lighting channels). So that's more likely what you have.

For the RGB, you're set; you have everything you need. You can connect 2 of the fans RGB headers to your cooler (that's an H100i Platinum SE, yes?) as well as their PWM headers.

To control the PWM for the rest of the fans in iCUE, you'll need a Commander Pro. Otherwise, you'll need to control them via the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Reformatted the First post to give clickable links to each section.. should make navigating easier and scrolling much less lol...

Nice. I think, however, you need to thinly slice and fry those diagrams though ... make chips/crisps outta them. :p: