Corsair Community

fast strobe in icue how?

Rante

so, i wanted to create a very fast strobe but with and alternating pattern, something like lightning/thunder. but as im quite new to this i havent really found my way. i did see a thread that said how to make a macro but it said to go to a place that is more easily found on an older version.

(im not the smartest person so please have patience with me :). )

Not sure what easier than copying and pasting would look like. You don't need macros. Another way to generate something similar would be to layer the preset Rain effect over the top of strobing/color shift/color pulse or some other background effect. However, to create a higher appearance of randomness, you may want to generate single instance strobbing/pulse for each fan and alter speeds. You will be limited to the preset slow/med/fast on the slider. You also can create the same thing by using gradients so you can control the speed. All of these require some thought and planning. I am not sure the effect you are after qualifies as easy.

You might also check out Alex Krastev's website who has been designing CUE profiles for years. There is one named Monsoon and linked below that might be similar to what you are looking for. Either way, there is a lot material there and deconstructing what others have done it a quick way to pick up tricks.

https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/935/profile