The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 09:47 PM

POST ID # = 810741
Kalmar Reputation: 10
Default Dual frontal radiators in 350D?

Hello everyone, I'm excited to soon be receiving some parts for my upcoming build including a Corsair 350D chassis. The execution of this project is likely to present several challenges for me (and subsequent forum threads requesting help in solving them!)

To begin I'd like to identify what, if any, dual Corsair cooling setup can be used in the forward area of the 350D? (Assuming both SSD/HD cages are removed.)

For instance, could two H60's be mounted in this location with radiator blocks positioned horizontally? Stretching that idea further, could the same be done with two 140mm fan H90's? On paper the spec sheets sagest it would be a tight yet feasible arrangement. Although with neither in hand it's impossible to physically tell for certain.

Objective being the most efficient use of space in water-cooling SLI'd 980Ti's, that of course most likely leading to my next set of questions, but I'll take this one step at a time. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Old 09-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 810958
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I'd do a pair of H90s personally. I can't immediately confirm that it'll work, but it sure looks like it will.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:42 PM

POST ID # = 811880
Kalmar Reputation: 10

Acquired a pair of H90's and attempted installation in the front of the 350D. The radiator's horizontal dimensions turned out not to be an issue with the interior case width, but instead with a lip on the underside of the 5.25" bay. I'm not so certain about taking a hacksaw to this case just yet, so it looks like I'll be forced to downsize with 120mm coolers.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:52 AM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 811960
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

And no, you can't hacksaw that lip. That lip is what does hold the 5.25 Cage together.
But you could try putting the hoses towards you instead of the hoses furthest from you. The radiator is smaller (if you Count the width from the nearest fan screw hole to the end of radiator) on the non-hose end than the hose end.

If you still want the hoses furthest away from you:
You could try propably, using a strong plier or poly-grip, to bend the lip upwards to a 90 degree position. That would put the lip in-line with the motherboard tray so it wont interfer when closing the right case side.

Last edited by sebastiannielse; 10-03-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 PM
StealthGaming's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812145
StealthGaming Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmar View Post
Acquired a pair of H90's and attempted installation in the front of the 350D. The radiator's horizontal dimensions turned out not to be an issue with the interior case width, but instead with a lip on the underside of the 5.25" bay. I'm not so certain about taking a hacksaw to this case just yet, so it looks like I'll be forced to downsize with 120mm coolers.
Try positioning the radiators sideways.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:09 PM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812149
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

Stealthgaming:
That is what he do.
The lip he is talking about (I do have a 350d too), is this:

(I do not have any problem with that lip since I have a h100i GTX mounted. But its just a reference Picture so you understand what we are talking about)

Old 10-04-2015, 01:29 PM
StealthGaming's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812154
StealthGaming Reputation: 20

That is what he do.
The lip he is talking about (I do have a 350d too), is this:

(I do not have any problem with that lip since I have a h100i GTX mounted. But its just a reference Picture so you understand what we are talking about)[/QUOTE]

I've not tried to install Dual 120mm radiators in the front of a 350D but they should work if the hoses are positioned toward left side (window side) of the case when the SSD tray has been removed.

Dual 140mm radiators with thickness of 38mm aren't going to work in this case period because of clearance issue.

Last edited by StealthGaming; 10-04-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812329
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmar View Post
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out and take responsibility for giving you bad information. By all accounts it looked like it would, but goofy little issues like that can crop up from time to time.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.