Corsair Community

HX1200i vs AX1200i?

EniGmA1987

So I am looking to get a new power supply and I need a minimum of 30A on the 5v rail. Id prefer closer to 40A but it seems no one makes such a thing anymore. Anyway, the only difference I can see between the HX and AX models of the 1200w capacity is that the AX seems like it has a DSP of some sort that controls power "better"? Anyone know if this is the only difference and if this DSP is actually worth anything? I will not be doing overclocking on this PC, and it will have around 30A load on the 5v rail and 50A load on the 12v rail.

Also, I need more sata poower cbales for these PSUs. It seems like I need these:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Professional-Individually-sleeved-DC-Cable-Kit%2C-Type-3-%28Generation-2%29%2C-BLACK/p/CP-8920045

But Id rather just buy 3 additional sata power cables rather than an individually sleeved whole kit. I dont even care about individual sleeving. Anyone know where I can just buy sata power?

There are some professional reviews out there that specifically deal with the comparison. No, you are not going to find that 40A 5v rail PSU, but if you do... let us know. That topic comes up quite a bit. I have the AX1200i. Hard to characterize the value of the DSP. Since this is still the only PSU I know of that uses it, it is hard to call it critical or essential.

You should be able to get individual SATA cables rather than the large set. The store accessory page is a bit messy, but look here. Watch out for some naming inconsistencies. All of the SATA for either the AXi or HXi should be Type 3, but there are some weird ones that appear to be the "AX1200 Gold" (referred to as '1200 only') but then there are product links to the AXi series. Not sure if you are looking for ribbon multi SATA or something different.