Corsair Community

HG10 N980 & N970 Thread - Post Issues Here

TheDudeLasse

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that with the fan on the bracket, its loud and you cant control the full speed of it.. I stopped it from turning and my pc was dead silent, is there a way to change the speed to go really slow or stop when no under use like the normal GPU air coolers do?

Support just told me the updated standoffs aren't available yet. :(

I have noticed that with the fan on the bracket, its loud and you cant control the full speed of it.. I stopped it from turning and my pc was dead silent, is there a way to change the speed to go really slow or stop when no under use like the normal GPU air coolers do?

You can swap your corsair fan with the nvidia blower fan. It'll fix the problem.

Is there going to be an official word from the Corsair PM to address these issues that some of the consumers are experiencing on this thread? It would be nice to hear most of it cleared up for some of us that are waiting and being put on back order. Obviously if there is a QA problem again people have the right to know so they are not wasting their money.

• Corsair Employee
Is there going to be an official word from the Corsair PM to address these issues that some of the consumers are experiencing on this thread? It would be nice to hear most of it cleared up for some of us that are waiting and being put on back order. Obviously if there is a QA problem again people have the right to know so they are not wasting their money.

If you are referring to the standoff issue, this new part # CB-9060008-WW should take care of that as we have included the right standoff to address the issue. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Hydro-Cooling-Bracket-CB-9060008-WW/dp/B01ALIU7AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456170918&sr=8-1&keywords=Corsair+HG10+N980

Question,

If I install the new model on an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+ (06G-P4-4995-KR) ...

can I keep the backplate on that came with the card?

Edit: attaching a Corsair H60

Edited by Nova25

Just got off the phone with our support guys, they have a few left in stock. So you might want to double check with them.

I was also told they were not out yet, In my opinion those of us the purchased directly from Corsair should automatically have the revised standoffs shipped to us when they were made available.

• Corsair Employee
Question,

If I install the new model on an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+ (06G-P4-4995-KR) ...

can I keep the backplate on that came with the card?

Edit: attaching a Corsair H60

You'll have to remove the backplate as well when you install the HG10 bracket.

• Corsair Employee
I was also told they were not out yet, In my opinion those of us the purchased directly from Corsair should automatically have the revised standoffs shipped to us when they were made available.

Do you have a ticket created already for this issue? If you do, send it to me and I'll make sure that you get the revised standoff.

For those who already owns the HG10 N980 and have the warping issue, you don't have to send the whole bracket kit back, we'll simply send you the fixed kit but you have to submit a ticket so we can validate the request. Thank you.

I've posted a comment to my support ticket - I'm a bit concerned that Graybeard phrases it as "there are a few left in stock," as I submitted my ticket right as we were advised. I've not received an update since then, so if they are suddenly out of the part needed to make this ~3-month-old issue right, I'll be pretty displeased.

Edit: Yup. Ticket just updated with "Unfortunately, we do not yet have any of these available." I'm hoping that this is just a miscommunication.

Edited by GearDraxon

Successful Install of "Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N980 Edition Cooling Bracket Cooling CB-9060008-WW" on EVGA GTX 980 sc ACX 2.0 with custom install of XPC cooling back plate (Strengthen card; help cooling) + Push Pull H60

Overlock with PrecisionX: Stable (Aida64, Firestrike, multiple in game bench, Catzilla)

- Core + 125

- Mem + 425

- Over volt +87mv

idle temps 30C

100% Load Temp 48C

COD Blackops 3 2560 x 1440 Gysnc, setting high / ultra , avg FPS 92

Using an H60 with the 970 bracket idle Temps of 28-32, load usually 57-65, rarely near 70, mostly in RotTR. However, every once in a while, usually when I launch a game, the Temps will pop up to overheating Temps (90s), i have to reboot, then it's immediately fine. I tried changing the pump power setting in my bios to aux, worked for a couple of weeks, did it again. Bought a sata fan power adapter, did it almost immediately after, and then again the next day. I'm at a loss and not sure what else to try.

Hey guys, I have an HG10 980 coming UPS today and I bought it mainly for stealth or quiet gaming... So do I need to replace the blower fan to silence this thing or is it acceptable compared to the stock fans blasting away?

Alright I got the HG10 installed on my 980 TI and I have no problems with the blower fan but my question is how tight should the m3 screws be? The manual says snug and not to over torque... Should the m3 screws be screwed in all the way or just tell they start to get snug??

I have mine to where the screws are snug but I can still see a little thread left on a couple of the screws...

Idle temps 32c / load temp 60c.

EDIT #1: I took the card and bracket out for closer inspection and what I found was that the screws have to be pretty close to all the way screwed in or the thermal pads wont touch... but in doing so the tighter the screws are the more it bends the PCB!

I just tried to tighten the screws to where there was the most minimal bend in the PCB but the pads were still touching.

Will report back if I have any problems.

EDIT #2 My OCD kicked in and with a few normal hardware screws and nuts I had laying around I was able to custom install the backplate on my EVGA 980 TI SC ACX 2.0+ along with the HG10 bracket. It was a PITA to take apart again but the PCB has a lot more strength now and it is not bending as much, The GPU also seems to be making better contact with the cooler since its straighter now.

Edited by GenCrusher

So, Amazon has the fixed part in stock. That means I can spend another $40 and order a complete replacement for the non-working part I've had since November, and get it Wednesday. Or, I can wait until Corsair gets more of the standoffs for those of us with RMA tickets in (apparently late March.)

This is getting silly, guys.