Corsair Community

USBCables touching causing LED failure on new Scimitar?

007.SirBond

I just bought both the Corsair RGB K95 Keyboard and the Corsair Scimitar MMO Mouse.

I plugged my scimitar mouse into my brand new USB 3.0 hub and connected my External HDD into the USB port right next to the port used by the scimitar. After several hours of use. I noticed the one of the LED's starting turning off and on randomly.

In the past, I swear my devices performed better when they were plugged in a manner so they were not adjacented next to each other. But this time, it confirms it. As soon as I disconnected my External HDD and plugged it on the far side of my USB hub. The LED on my scimitar mouse turned back on and stayed on.

So the question I have here is that are these devices using a lot of power through the USB ports, that if another USB cable is in a port right next to it. Is it disrupting the current and causing a potential device to be under-powered? Or is there just something wrong with my USB hub?

Is this the reason why there are so many people I read on Newegg and other sites complaining about LED failure on the K95 several months down the line? Maybe these keyboards and mice are meant to be plugged in with no other USB cables in the ports next to them?

-snip

do you actually use an external usb hub ? if so it is very likely that it is broken/faulty or having some issues in a way, might even be driverwise.

i had many cheap usb hubs that caused issues in a similarway.

i dont think having 2 usb next to each other would cause an issue, only if the cable is somehow exposed on both ends, which is very unlikely, or the mainboard usb slot has some issue overtime, maybe it broke because of some device.

there are certain cheap/broken devices that could break your usb ports in a way.

so try another port, or dont use an usb hub for certain "important" things.

also sometimes you need usb 3.0 ports depending on what hardware u use.

Yeah, he mentioned a brand new USB 3.0 hub at the start. From what I know there is no guarantee a usb hub will work, some peoples have posted the ones they use mentioning whether they are compatible or not but unfortunately there is no sticky thread or any generic thread with a proper list. A thought for the moderators to make one I guess :p:

Yeah, he mentioned a brand new USB 3.0 hub at the start. From what I know there is no guarantee a usb hub will work, some peoples have posted the ones they use mentioning whether they are compatible or not but unfortunately there is no sticky thread or any generic thread with a proper list. A thought for the moderators to make one I guess :p:

Ok, well my LED on the scimitar is failing again. So do you think it's the USB hub or the mouse?

I'm about to go return it at the store tomorrow. The mouse is just too small for me. I've used it for a week. It's uncomfortable to use compared to the logitech g500. I still can't seem to find a mouse that was as comfortable as the g500. I also miss the use of the left and right tilt keys on the scroll wheel. I think I'm have to return this mouse and buy the G600. It's a shame that I'm going to have to install two different gaming software on my PC. I think the CUE is on par with Logitech's Gaming Software.

Archived