Corsair Community

Just trying to get my head around this! Commander Pro.

Samrock

Hey Guys,

I've read people saying that the documentation for the Commander Pro isn't great, and even after watching Youtube videos on how it's setup, I still have some questions.

I'm building my second PC at the moment, and I've just bought the 220T RGB case (white), which includes three SP120 RGB PRO fans. I've additionally purchased the LL120 RGB trio pack (white version) with the light pro fan hub. (So in total, I'll want to manage 6 fans)

My questions are:

> 1. Does the Commander Pro connect into one singular RGB header on the motherboard, and then all of the fans are then connected to the Commander Pro, so you don't need to use up the other fan headers on the motherboard?

Or will you still need to have the right amount of RGB headers on the motherboard to match the amount of fans that you want to use?

> 2. Does the light node need to be used in conjunction with the Commander Pro? Or would that only be needed if you didn't have the Commander Pro?

> 3. I was wanting to pair this with the MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM motherboard as I'm going with a white/grey build. Will this have any restrictions on this setup?

Thank you for any advice. It's very appreciated!

Edited by Samrock

Whether or not your motherboard has RGB headers or not is irrelevant. Those won't be used and the Corsair system is a stand-alone product. MSI boards sometimes have a JCorsair "RGB header", but this is more useful for connecting a single RGB fan or strip, not managing the entire system. You can use whatever motherboard you want. You will need a USB 2 internal port to connect the Commander Pro. That is how the software communicates with the devices.

You will not need a Lighting Node Pro (LNP) if you have a Commander Pro. A Commander Pro is a LNP + fan controller. However, many of the multi-packs come with a LNP in the box. If it is only a few dollars more, take the triple pack and save the LNP. It may have future uses and can be chained into the system for expansion.