Corsair Community

AX860i suddenly shutting down

Ragingsoul

I have had this PS since 2017. I have had this problem on and off intermittently since very early on in a system I built. I have the fan speed set to a minimum speed manually and did my own curve in Link ( which is the reason I bought this Power supply, I liked the Link software. The shutdowns were very few but started to get more frequent as time went by and usually was not a shut down while on situation, but would fail to start and get the red light. I would power off, check cables, push down on Vid Card, which I thought was issue, seemed to work and once running stayed running.

Last 2 days I started to get the shutdown while running. Now this may have happened before while I was away, I just didn't notice and assumed I had sgut down. ( I often leave running ) I found this forum.

I tried removing the top left screw, and took out both top, then all 4. DIdn't matter, I couldn't run more than 20 mins, low load or gaming. WHile I was messing around, checking cables, I pushed on side of PS and it started working. I was wrong. Worse today than ever. Luckily for me, I have an old system just sitting here with a Thermaltake ToughPower 1000. It was on a Intel QX9650 ? I put together in 2005. I am running this now since I got home from work. 14 year old power-supply, and running like a champ, I will update if that changes in a few days.

I am going to take the 860I apart at work. I am way out of warranty. I suspect, that the wiring to the connections on the power supply are faulty.

since I had a shutdown when I pushed on the side with mounting screws out. I will try to confirm that. Hopefully they are soldered to the pin in the receptacles and not crimps with push pins.

My system Specs:

Asus Strix 270G Gaming

Intel 7700K

64 GB Corsair Memory

1TB Samsung 960 Evo M2

THermalTake MicroATX Cube Case

240MM TT Pacific RL240 Water Cooled CPU custom Build With acrylic Tubing, TT Pump

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I resolved my randomly restarting computer AX860i power supply issue by installing this stripe coded resistor (470kohm). I find this picture from Corsair website: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/axi-series-config/p/CP-9020037-NA#tab-faqs and another one here: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/AX860i/4.html . Because I don`t found this resistor in my PSU mainboard, I soldered it here. And it works!:):faq_Understanding-the-Corsair-AXi-Series-Digital-Power-Supplies-Content-2.jpg

Hi guys

I'm so sad, i think i have the same or similar problem. I bought it in last august, and one month ago started the issue. no matter what you do, playing or just few minutes the system was set up.., the ax860i psu shut down my pc. and after about 5sec the system swich on itself automatic and few secs after shut down again. and this continues indefinitely. this time i have to swich off the psu. when the issue happen, i can't use the machine until 15-30 minutes (it's do the same, swich on and reset aut.). i already removed everything from my system, there's just the board (lastest bios), cpu (intel: passed), memory (xmp off) and ssd. i use everything in 4K.

i changed the psu to a hx520w, and my pc is full stable. I thought i have memory problem because of xmp oc profil, but not.

now the ax860i is in my girlfriends machine. there's not repeat the problem. its an asus h110m-a m.2 with a pentium g4560, gtx 970, 2x4gb corsair 2133, fhd

i bought this expensive psu, because i wanted the most reliable solution :(.

Corsair. please give a solution...

Did you run the AX860i in a Ryzen system?

Baio