Corsair Community

Unable to adjust commander pro fans

canulus

Hi.

As stated i am unable to adjust the fanspeed of my fans through iCue using a commander pro.

I am running 3x 3 pin fans through the commander but iCue does not want to adjust the fanspeed either on the fixed profiles or through a custom profile.

I have tried the old reinstall, i tried with a 4 pin fan and i tried using Link instead.

Neither the reinstall or the swap between 3 and 4 pan fans did work. I tried forcing the commander pro to detect the fans manually as 3-pin but that did not work either.

However i had more luck using Link. In Link they are set to auto detect, i can change fan speeds and set custom profiles but this does not seem to work in iCue.

Is this a known issue? I have had issues before with iCue not detecting hardware (did not detect my h100i pro but that problem is solved) and i would very much like to use iCue instead of Link.

The fans i am using are 3 quiet series from nzxt. They are showing in iCue and i can click on them, apply profiles and so on but the changes i do in iCue to the fans does not seem to apply.

They stay at 1200 rpm regardless.

Aer F? Aer P? Are they factory case fans? There are a a few fans that do not like the PWM controller, but it is unusual to have issues with DC control since the electrical control mechanism is fairly straightforward. It's a 12v, ground, and speed sensor wire. It reduces the 12v line to reduce speed. I would leave the settings on 3 pin DC in the iCUE menu and not Auto.

Make sure your connectors are full engaged on the Commander pro headers.

How are you powering the Commander Pro? Are you using a Molex to SATA adapter from the PSU?

I need to correct myself a bit here. The fans are from fractal design and not nzxt. They are not stock fans but the Design R3 silent series.

I have tried forcing them to 3-pin in iCue without any luck and the commander pro is powered directly through the PSU not with an extension cable.

As you can see the quiet modes is set to 1200rpm. If i uninstall iCue and use Link the quiet mode will set the fans to 600rpm and regardless of which profile i choose they still stay at 1200rpm

2060011074_icuefansetup2.thumb.jpg.8689f75487649161d3363170f5f8e9e8.jpg

1872117565_icuefansetup.thumb.jpg.694480c4e5dd1d1bc1d20e96140e6322.jpg

Oh man ... This made me feel like a stupid idiot ... Seems that since the default profile for the fans on the H100i was set to config all devices by default it overrides the changes made to the commander pro ... When i removed the choice for all devices on the H100i it allowed me to change the fan speeds on the commander. Well well ... Seems that i should revoke my IT education and go live in a cave.

TLDR: H100i was overriding any changes made to the commander pro. Removing the "all devices" option was the key to changing the speeds. I am so, so sorry for making a fuzz.

Before you go to your new cave, get off the three presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) for the Commander Pro. They run from cpu temp and that is going to be like a roller coaster of fan speed and you’ll want to be in your cave or anywhere else. Use the + to create a new fan curve. Pick a more appropriate sensor control variable. Apply to the fans. The settings for fixed RPM and fixed % are also in the custom “cooling mode”.