Corsair Community

Repeated RMA fails

Skullet

The writing on my End key was squint so I requested a replacement via RMA, when the replacement arrived it's blatantly the wrong one as it's clearly smaller than the one it's replacing. I went through the RMA process again and explained the fact it was the wrong keycap and even provided pictures, you'd think this would be the end of it, but they sent the exact same wrong keycap.

At this point I'm starting to lose faith in Corsair, the first K70 RGB I bought had to be returned due to excessive key chatter, now this. I'm considering just returning this keyboard for a refund or replacement as Corsair can't seem to send out the proper keycap for the keyboard they make.

Can someone please elevate this and make sure I get the right key cap this time, as this is definitely a 3rd strike situation where I wont be buying anything with a Corsair logo in future if it's not sorted properly this time.

• Corsair Employee

Show me a picture of the End key that you got mounted on your keyboard. There shouldn't be any difference in size. The row below Insert/Home/Page up is staggered and of lower height. If it isn't staggered, then we'll need to send you the proper DELETE and PAGE DOWN keys as well to match.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23841&stc=1&d=1452046867

As for key chatter, thats a mechanical issue with the Cherry switch itself. We can replace the keyboard for you under warranty like we had but any keyboard that uses Cherry MX key switches will have this as an issue from time to time since we don't manufacture the switch itself.

759230978_StaggeredKeys.PNG.47b04e15d1e04c1129e3f22559b70b01.PNG

Show me a picture of the End key that you got mounted on your keyboard. There shouldn't be any difference in size. The row below Insert/Home/Page up is staggered and of lower height. If it isn't staggered, then we'll need to send you the proper DELETE and PAGE DOWN keys as well to match.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23841&stc=1&d=1452046867

As for key chatter, thats a mechanical issue with the Cherry switch itself. We can replace the keyboard for you under warranty like we had but any keyboard that uses Cherry MX key switches will have this as an issue from time to time since we don't manufacture the switch itself.

The poster above me has kindly linked the picture and original thread. The key caps are definitely a different size, I don't need a bunch of other wrongly sized keys though I just need a replacement End key that matches the one that came with the keyboard when I bought it.

I'm not saying you are to blame for the Cherry MX switches I'm simply pointing out that I've had a disproportionate amount of hassle from a keyboard I paid £150 for. If for some bizarre reason I get the wrong end key again then I'll have to request a replacement keyboard, which seems utterly ridiculous.

It will be best to remove the 'Page down' keycap or the 'delete' keycap and compare the height with your replacement 'end' keycap.

I think your original end keycap height/size is incorrect.

I don't need to remove them, I can see that the 2 end keys I've been sent are a different size to the one that was originally on the keyboard when I bought it, they are noticeably smaller, the Page Down and Delete keys are also the smaller size, but it doesn't answer the question of why a wrongly sized key with squint writing ended up on my keyboard, if indeed it is the wrong key.

I don't need to remove them, I can see that the 2 end keys I've been sent are a different size to the one that was originally on the keyboard when I bought it, they are noticeably smaller, the Page Down and Delete keys are also the smaller size, but it doesn't answer the question of why a wrongly sized key with squint writing ended up on my keyboard, if indeed it is the wrong key.

If the end key was originally the wrong size and Corsair sent you the right replacement, then of course the end keys would be different. I'll update this post when I get home with a size comparison for my end key, delete, and "home" keycaps to illustrate that they should be a different size and what to expect. It doesn't explain how the error got through QC, but it would help identify and fix the problem :)

Edit: here are the size comparisons. Use the ruler for scale and not for dimensions. I couldn't find my calipers :(

http://i.imgur.com/hdJZIvw.png

http://i.imgur.com/C4WqD6u.png

• Corsair Employee

Are you asking why your keyboard got the wrong keys along with the squint? If so, its simply an issue of a production error (which happens from time to time when you're manufacturing tens of thousands of these units at once). This is why we have spare keycaps to send out so people don't have to return their keyboard.

Archived