Corsair Community

CainAC

Hey guys, I just recently put a computer together and was just needing a little guidance with some cooling options. I'm using a Corsair 450D Case and an H100i as my cpu cooler. I was just a little curious if I should use SP120 Quiet Edition fans instead of Af120 Quiet Edition fans. I know the H100i comes with stock 120mm fans that are kind of similar to the SP120's but I just wasn't too sure on what to go with.

I am also wondering if I should replace the stock front panel fans with 2 AF140 Quiet Edition Fans. I know the AF fans are better for cases than the SP ones are since the SP's are more for like radiators but what do you guys suggest? Also, probably gonna replace the rear fan with an AF120 Quiet Edition fan as well.

I'm mainly just looking for some guidance. Some of you might be using a setup similar to this so, so whatever you think or whatever has been working for ya just let me know. Looking to replace the fans as soon as possible, so if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears. Oh, also was looking into some Noctua NF-F12 fans. Whatever suggestions you may have lettem' rip!

In my opinion, the stock fans that come with the 450D are not that bad. It's basically a AF fan without the custom rings but runs at a lower speed (i think).

The SP120L fans included with the H100i can be quite loud at times, though you can use the LINK software to customize the fan curve or run it at a fixed speed instead. Though i'd recommend you try it first and decide whether you want to replace it or not.

In my opinion, the stock fans that come with the 450D are not that bad. It's basically a AF fan without the custom rings but runs at a lower speed (i think).

The SP120L fans included with the H100i can be quite loud at times, though you can use the LINK software to customize the fan curve or run it at a fixed speed instead. Though i'd recommend you try it first and decide whether you want to replace it or not.

Ah, okay. So I can slow down the fans if needed? Very nice!

Alright, guess Ill just have to buy the af fans and see what I like best. :)

Archived