Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 crashing when I click on it's icon and try to restart it

ocrnon

Restarting my pc or uninstalling Link doesn't fix this. I reinstalled steam to fix the same crashing issue some of my games were having and that fixed both the problems. This only started happening two to three days ago. The Link 4 service is still running in my task manager, I just can't monitor temps or change fan speeds because Link won't boot.

• Corsair Employee

Are you using the late version of C link? it should be 4.7

When you uninstall C link, make sure to uninstall the USB driver before you do a clean install. Also, try running C link as admin and see if you get the same result. Make sure to do all Windows update including your mobo USB drivers before doing a clean install.

i was having the same issue, uninstalled CL and the driver still no change, after several failed attempts i disabled fast startup in the windows power. all issues solved, link now runs stable and detects all my hardware. had a few other wierd things happening with other programs also and they also cleared up after i disabled fast statup. thanks MS for another default "feature" that breaks stuff

Archived