Corsair Community

Hydro X in Obsidian Series 500D RGB

Nemo1

For the OP - If you want a visual idea, here's what I was experimenting with for a while.

500DSE case, 280 up top and 360 at front - your original question.

kwTcdho.jpg

You can see for yourself how tight it all is.

I figured 360 outlets had to be at the bottom, I just couldn't see how they would work at the top. I looked at flipping the top 280 so the outlets were at the back, but I couldn't see a tubing run that would have worked either.

Thats an ATX sized board, not EATX and there is next to zero room at the top. So usna's comments about laying out your EPS cable first are very valid.

In the end I moved to a different case because it was just too tight with what I wanted to do. It *would* have been technically possible, but needed more skills than I was bringing to the table - and maintenance would have been a nightmare.

• 4 weeks later...

My hydro x build

Corsair hydro x XH300i Kit (XR7 360) + XR5 240 + XR5 120 + EK Water Blocks EK-FC Radeon VEGA Strix

Tubes are not good when you first do this work :( I will do the tubes again in the future.

Radeon VEGA Strix is a big card, so I didn't use it vertically

I haven't yet edited the cables :)

187-C2-A04-8-CCB-4430-9-D38-D95-F4-B337992.jpg

I had to replace my previous motherboard(maximus xi hero) malfunctioned and empty the complete system again

and reconsidering the corsair obsidian 500D RGB SE model.

5 cm will be enough from all sides :)

6-A06072-D-DE5-A-47-A1-8-CE9-98-ABA612-CD3-F.jpg

C10-EC0-F5-AA36-4-AEF-9355-82-DD2-D5-A775-F.jpg

Edited by DarkCrazy
  • Like 1

I have seen bad.. and thats not bad!. well done buddy :). be proud of your work!

thanks for not saying bad :)

The apparatus for bending the tubes did not come, I hurried it was a little bad since it was my first experience :)

How should I connect the tubes for better efficiency ?

now PUMP > GPU > XR5 120 > XR5 240 > CPU > XR7 360 like this.

I will rearrange for the tubes, maybe I can add 3 more fans by inserting the graphics card vertically

Basically, the differences when changing loop order are so small, the best order is the one that looks best in your case :)

And yea you should be ashamed. For a first try it looks terrible.. TERRIBLE ! :p

Yea it's a bit wonky here and there but honestly, it's refreshing to see a change from perfect builds that are square level and plumb, looks organic hehe

Basically, the differences when changing loop order are so small, the best order is the one that looks best in your case :)

And yea you should be ashamed. For a first try it looks terrible.. TERRIBLE ! :p

Yea it's a bit wonky here and there but honestly, it's refreshing to see a change from perfect builds that are square level and plumb, looks organic hehe

Hello,

“ TERRIBLE ! :p”

thank you for your comment.

Tubes I will do this as soon as possible.

There are stains on the CPU block and the pump I need to clean it because it waited for 2 weeks.

I will renew the tubes after cleaning.

I can evaluate different ideas about radiators and tubes.

I was joking eh :P

Loop order, component placement is an endless game. That's what makes it fun actually. Personally i find the shortest runs to be the best looking, but irrational unexpected overcomplicated ones can do just as good, tho harder to pull off since you add imprecision with each bend (hence the "one bend" policy lots of people apply).